Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #1

FabSpeed Headers & Exhaust system

Does anyone here actually have the FabSpeed sport headers & Exhaust system? It is super expensive (Looks great and is no doubt of great quality) but is it worth the price? About $2,300 for the Sport headers and another ~ $1,400 for the Exhaust system from the headers to the polished tips.

Thanks

2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #2

Fabspeed stuff is certainly high quality, but if you are expecting great power increases on this car from an exhaust swap, you're going to be very disappointed. The secondary cat bypass pipes certainly free up some restriction, and arent outrageous at $500, but the headers are certainly not cheap. One can also get catless headers, and swap in high flow cats where the secondary cats were (DPS Motorsport sells such product) and you wind up around $2000 I believe for headers and cats, which is considerably cheaper than $2300 for headers and $500 for secondary cat deletes. Both of these are still before the muffler, so add in the cost of that to finish the system.

I am planning to do the secondary cat deletes sometime, but will keep the factory headers. I currently have the GHL race exhaust, but am looking for something else.

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote