Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
Certified Boxster Addict

Tesla - Sarcasm

JP Sears, the YouTube king of sarcasm, takes on Tesla owners...

Remember, its a just a joke. If you're a Tesla owner, don't take this seriously or personally, just ease up and laugh at bit at some Tesla stereotypes.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #2

Ha ha!

At least most Teslas are not left lane huggers unlike every Pius owner...

https://www.instagram.com/left_lane_prius/
Old 02-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
This video was basically my neighbor telling me about his Model X. I have so many thoughts on Tesla's after driving one, but it boils down to the following:

Tesla's are cars for people who hate cars. The interior is sterile. If I'm going to buy a sports car or sports sedan, I want to feel like I am in a fighter jet, not like I am inside a computer. (Again, just my opinion.)

The performance is great, but I also take issue with how the self-driving features make driver's so inattentive it's dangerous. I avoid Tesla's like the plague when I see them on the freeway. I was riding with a buddy that had lane assist on last week, he complete ignored the guy signalling to change lanes while we sat in his blindspot. I don't care how good the self-driving features are, when a F250 changes lanes, I don't want to be in his blindspot.

Last edited by rick3000; 02-07-2020 at 02:06 PM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
...At least most Teslas are not left lane huggers unlike every Pius owner...
It's obvious by your signature that you're more than a bit biased against Prius'.

I drive around 30K miles/year and have seen many, many left-lane huggers. (Most with Ohio plates, BTW, but that's a discussion for another day). Of the ones I've seen, Prius drivers may make up a very small percentage of those. In fact, I don't have specific recollection of even one, but I'll give it a small percentage in case there is one or two I can't recall.

However, since it's been brought to my attention I'll take more notice, in case there's some truth to it.

Last edited by piper6909; 02-07-2020 at 02:51 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #5

I admit, it is pretty funny.

However, I cannot let slide the false assumption that coal is generating the electricity that powers the Teslas. In fact, renewables have surpassed coal in electric production since 2019.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=39992

As much as Rumpie liked to promise in 2016 that he's bringing it back, coal ain't coming back. It's going by the way of Whale oil.

Even the coal museum in Kentucky is solar-powered!
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/us/coal-museum-goes-solar-trnd/index.html

Last edited by piper6909; 02-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #6
Racer Boy

When the Tesla S was still pretty new, I parked next to one and talked to the driver as we both got out of our cars at the same time. I asked him how he liked it, and he complained that it didn't have enough storage space in the interior, for things like a phone and other loose objects. I then asked him how it drove, and he looked at me with a bewildered expression.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, does it drive and handle well?"

"Uh, I guess it drives and handles well. I just wish it had more space for my phone and wallet."

That's a typical answer from a poll of one Tesla driver, so I guess they are all like that!

Actually, now that I think about it, I also talked to a Tesla 3 driver at a track day, and he really thought it was the bomb. He enthusiastically told me that it handled great and was really fast. I know they are quick off the line, but when I asked how fast he was going at the end of the straight, he beamed and said "103 miles per hour!!". I was gratified that was about 30 mph slower than I was going in my Boxster.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:54 AM   #7
Who's askin'?

I love teslas (and etc) for their technology and innovation. That's what will be used to change the world, eventually. I love minds like Musk's (even though I hear in person he's a real a$$) who push the envelope, all while ignoring everyone and everything that says he can't. And then he sells stuff to consumers at reasonable prices that lets others push the envelope too, socially. Hehe (that pickup is the stupidest looking thing I've ever, ever seen)

But here's the deal: they're not "cars". Oh sure, they're a "conveyance" (remember demolition man? Haha). They're transportation. But they're not "cars". They don't make any of the right noses, smells, or any of the other aesthetic experiences one should have from a car.

If it doesn't LOOK like a duck, and it doesn't ACT like a duck..... it's probably not a duck.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5dfc2cd3-6e5d-4971-bd68-6b5b8f89218b

Last edited by maytag; 02-08-2020 at 06:06 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:20 AM   #8
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post

However, I cannot let slide the false assumption that coal is generating the electricity that powers the Teslas. In fact, renewables have surpassed coal in electric production since 2019.

As much as Rumpie liked to promise in 2016 that he's bringing it back, coal ain't coming back. It's going by the way of Whale oil.

So you are that guy. LOL!!!! Incredible. Coal. Diesel. Kerosene.

diesel electric.jpg
Old 02-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
So you are that guy. LOL!!!! Incredible. Coal. Diesel. Kerosene.

Attachment 22241
Now THAT's what I call "Flex-Fuel"!
Old 02-08-2020, 01:48 PM   #10

I would be interested in a Tesla Conversion in my Box. I know some has done it.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #11

Quote:

The article stated for the month of April, at the end of the article it stated "According to forecasts in EIA’s latest Short-Term Energy Outlook, coal will provide more electricity generation than renewables in the United States for the remaining months of 2019. On an annual average basis, EIA expects that coal will provide more electricity generation in the United States than renewables in both 2019 and 2020, but it expects renewables to surpass nuclear next year."

2020 MAGA
SMK Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #12
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
It's going by the way of Whale oil.
That's it. First thing tomorrow morning I'm running an ad. Surely I'll find someone in the good ol' USA who knows how to engineer a 986 whale oil conversion. I'll show you, Mr. Piper6906.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK Shoe View Post

2020 MAGA
We have a Maggot!

I have news for you: Coal ain't coming back!

Last edited by piper6909; 02-08-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #14

Quote:
That's it. First thing tomorrow morning I'm running an ad. Surely I'll find someone in the good ol' USA who knows how to engineer a 986 whale oil conversion. I'll show you, Mr. Piper6906.
HAHA! that would be something!
Old 02-09-2020, 03:39 AM   #15

Quote:
We have a Maggot!

I have news for you: Coal ain't coming back!
WOW, I quoted the article YOU posted about coal still out producing renewables for the next year and your only comeback is to call me a maggot. Your hatred for this president and anyone who supports him is astounding. I guess that you support the destruction of the constitution and the republic just because you don't like PRESIDENT TRUMP. Well go ahead and sign up to volunteer for you candidate, Mayor Buttgiggly?

Is your life so miserable that you just have to spend your days disrespecting the president? I actually feel sorry for you
SMK Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK Shoe View Post
WOW, I quoted the article YOU posted about coal still out producing renewables for the next year and your only comeback is to call me a maggot. Your hatred for this president and anyone who supports him is astounding. I guess that you support the destruction of the constitution and the republic just because you don't like PRESIDENT TRUMP. Well go ahead and sign up to volunteer for you candidate, Mayor Buttgiggly?

Is your life so miserable that you just have to spend your days disrespecting the president? I actually feel sorry for you
Let's unpack this a bit.. First, the video was mocking electric car owners by making the false assumption that all their electric is generated by coal. I pointed out that, no matter how much Rump promised to bring it back, coal production of electricity is declining. I guess I should have spelled out logical connection that chances of an electric car owner getting coal-produced electricity are getting smaller.

Regarding Rump: Yeah. I hate him. I hate liars. He also promised to bring back manufacturing. Now he's promising to save insurance for people like me with pre-existing conditions, while at the same time he's in the courts trying to take it away. Yes I hate him. I hate Fascists. He constantly sides with Putin over America's own intelligence agencies. I also hate presidents who kiss the asses of despots. I hate wannabe dictators.

I'm disrespecting him? HA! I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine. I'm just learning from him. Have you seen any of his tweets? Look how he treats the first Senator who ever supported him, Jeff Sessions. And for what? For doing what he was supposed to do. He's a vindictive whiny little biotch.

Nah, My life isn't miserable. I'm quite content. I just don't want my beloved country to turn into a dictatorship or oligarchy.

BTW, I only made the Maggot comment because you said MAGA 2020. It was a play on words.

MAGA 2020 by throwing Rump in the slammer!

Last edited by piper6909; 02-09-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:41 AM   #17
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Rump Rump Rump
At least you're capitalizing his name. That's a sign of respect.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #18

Quote:
At least you're capitalizing his name. That's a sign of respect.
Noting but respect, bro!
Old 02-11-2020, 02:26 AM   #19

Quote:
It's obvious by your signature that you're more than a bit biased against Prius'.

I drive around 30K miles/year and have seen many, many left-lane huggers. (Most with Ohio plates, BTW, but that's a discussion for another day). Of the ones I've seen, Prius drivers may make up a very small percentage of those. In fact, I don't have specific recollection of even one, but I'll give it a small percentage in case there is one or two I can't recall.

However, since it's been brought to my attention I'll take more notice, in case there's some truth to it.
Clearly, you haven’t been paying attention.