Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #1

What did Erdogan promise Rump?

What did Erdogan promise Rump to allow him to slaughter the Kurds? Dirt on Biden? Hotel in Istanbul? This is a horrific tragedy and Rump's hands are elbow deep in their blood.

This has long-term repercussions. America's word means **************** now. Who in their right mind would ally themselves with us?

piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #2

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
I need him in my front yard for Halloween!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
NewUserName

For a while I worked at Bell Labs in the late 70s, and there were some true geniuses there - NONE of them would tell you how smart they were (they didn't have to).
'Great and unmatched wisdom' is very far from the truth, as is nearly every utterance from the cowardly liar.
The Kurds were betrayed by Pappy Bush in Iraq - he encouraged them to revolt, and when they did, Saddam was allowed to butcher them, now Turkey will butcher some others.
Funny how this pleases Putin, isn't it?

Trump is a clown - not a funny one, but a demonic one like the Joker...

I have voted for GOP candidates in the past, but they have become anti-democratic - (and anti-science and ignorant of history and not so good at math, either) by that I do not mean against the democratic party, but against democracy - and they are officially now a cult with Trump as their Charles Manson.

Tragic for America, and the world.
DoninDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #5
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Trump is f u c king nailing it. Enough of introducing democracy on every continent. They've been fighting for millenia. f u c k 'em.

We don't have to save the world.

Have a nice day.

Word.

Edit: Yes. It's beforre 6A. Pacific.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Trump is f u c king nailing it. Enough of introducing democracy on every continent. They've been fighting for millenia. f u c k 'em.

We don't have to save the world.

Have a nice day.

Word.

Edit: Yes. It's beforre 6A. Pacific.
These are guys that fought ISIS along side our own soldiers, now we say f u c k them? Are you serious? Think about the future repercussions. Who in their right mind will ever ally themselves with us again knowing we'll eventually leave them to get slaughtered?

Don't take my word for it, Micth McConnell and Lindsay Graham are against this and they are Rump's biggest supporters.

And BTW, I have news for you: WE F U C K I N LIVE IN THE WORLD! We are not isolated.

Saying we don't have to save the world is like living in the penthouse of a skyscraper and saying, "I don't give a ******************** about the foundation, I'm on the top floor!"

It's asinine simple thinking.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Remember, Rump pulled the troops after a phone call with Erdogan. He never discussed the move with any of his own advisers, his military leaders, and took everyone by surprise. Which begs the question; "What did Erdogan tell him or promise him?"

Last edited by piper6909; 10-10-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:42 AM   #7
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Who in their right mind would ally themselves with us?
I believe I have identified the problem, you appear to be thinking.
Frankly, this is probably the most damaging foreign policy action of the US in many decades, no one will fight along side us after this and that could be a problem very soon if the ISIS prisoners held by the Kurds escape and rebuild ISIS. This is all over about a thousand troops in an advisory role assisting the Kurds in Syria.

Last edited by rick3000; 10-10-2019 at 05:45 AM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:55 AM   #8
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
These are guys that fought ISIS along side our own soldiers, now we say f u c k them? Are you serious? Think about the future repercussions. Who in their right mind will ever ally themselves with us again knowing we'll eventually leave them to get slaughtered?

Don't take my word for it, Micth McConnell and Lindsay Graham are against this and they are Rump's biggest supporters.

And BTW, I have news for you: WE F U C K I N LIVE IN THE WORLD! We are not isolated.

Saying we don't have to save the world is like living in the penthouse of a skyscraper and saying, "I don't give a ******************** about the foundation, I'm on the top floor!"

It's asinine simple thinking.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Remember, Rump pulled the troops after a phone call with Erdogan. He never discussed the move with any of his own advisers, his military leaders, and took everyone by surprise. Which begs the question; "What did Erdogan tell him or promise him?"
You are so easy! LOL. Next time you come out to the left coast... coffee on me.

BTW, I'm nodding in agreement with your post, pal. Have a great day!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #9
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
This situation is a genocide in the making. The Kurds are hated by and surrounded by the Turks and Iraqis. Without some sort of world support they will be wiped out. Is the US solely responsible for this mess? No, but after allying with the Kurds and fighting along side them there is a level of expectation on the Kurds part that their 'ally' will stick around.

The UN is useless at this point, the Brits are as f u c k e d up as anyone and nations like mine have zero troops or 'advisors' to send over and for that I am ashamed. It is likely the EU will need to step in with Germany and France leading the way.

Whether he wanted to be a world leader or not Trump was thrust into that role when he was elected and he has abdicated his world responsibility just as he did with his duty to the American people.

I know not being an American may make some people tell me to F off but it should be plain to anyone, American or otherwise, that Mr Trump only cares for himself.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 AM   #10

Quote:
You are so easy! LOL. Next time you come out to the left coast... coffee on me.

BTW, I'm nodding in agreement with your post, pal. Have a great day!
Likewise if you're ever in Pittsburgh!

And my apologies for not picking up on your jest.

Last edited by piper6909; 10-10-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #11
NewUserName

Quote:
What did Erdogan promise Rump to allow him to slaughter the Kurds? Dirt on Biden? Hotel in Istanbul? This is a horrific tragedy and Rump's hands are elbow deep in their blood.
Erdogan told the stable genius that the Kurds had not voted for him in our 2016 election.
DoninDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #12
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Likewise if you're ever in Pittsburgh!

And my apologies for not picking up on your jest.
Listen, Handsome... if I left you any clues you'd be no fun.

Trump sure ****************ed up this one. It's like having a friend upon whom you can count and, in that time of need, abandoning him. Not a great move. I sympathize with the Kurds.

Pittsburgh. ~75 and summy today. Enjoy it!
Old 10-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #13

Quote:

Pittsburgh. ~75 and summy today. Enjoy it!
Yeah, unfortunately few and far between when it comes to sunny days. Unlike sunny Souththern CA.

Luckily my work is about 1/2 outdoors & 1/2 indoors so I can take advantage of days like this.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #14

I live in Sunny Tucson, 81 today, and sunny. Perfect top down or motorcycle weather.

It's extremely humorous to me that after the last local general election, Tucson (AZ!) is being characterized on the national media as "Liberal Tucson," driving my Humper neighbors crazy. We elected an all Dem. Mayor (a Latina, woman!) and city council. And we're probably gonna maybe swing to a Dem. president and a Senator next year. Then 'conservative' Arizona will have become a purple swing state. Love it!

I'll have coffee, even treat, to any Porsche'r that swings thru Tucson, regardless of their politics or opinions (as long as we don't have to talk about it.)

Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote