Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 06:04 AM   #1
Rennzenn

Garage
new addition in the garage

My daily driver 996 is out of service (oil/coolant intermix) and it's gonna be a while before I can get the engine back together, so I need to get another DD. Picked up a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth cabriolet. I've been jonesing for one of these since they came out. Depreciation hit them really hard, so I was able to pick one up pretty cheap. Honestly, this thing's a hoot. It's peppy enough, and the handling is really tight. 30+MPG, too.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I really like the 500's, but I thought they felt a little top heavy. Maybe the Abarth is better than the standard one. They certainly look very cool for a tiny hatch. I remember seeing one for the first time parked in downtown Florence, which is funny because the Fiat advertising was, you'll never forget the first time you see one. Congrats!