Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #1

boat owners ? This followed me home

I've been a boat owner off and on for the last 25 years, from 12 ' to 24 ' with outboard or inboard/outboard power. The last one was a 13 ' Boston Whaler that I bought cheap, refurbished and then sold because it was just too small for the wife and I. About two months ago I started to get the itch so started looking on CL to see what was out there. I wanted to try a center console so narrowed my search to those. Looked at a few and narrowed it down to this one. I have owned OMC brand boats in the past and was happy with the quality/performance. After some haggling the seller and I agreed on $2600.00 which I think is a real bargain . Here are some pics from the sellers ad, she fits in my garage so no storage issues. This weekend I'll clean her up and get it legal with the state next week. Hope to get her in the water in the next two weeks.

1996 Hydra Sports Center Console - 16.9'

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #2

Garage
Congrats. Looks like a nice little center console.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #3

I need to hire you as a negotiator for my next purchase!
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
I need to hire you as a negotiator for my next purchase!

It really was a deal that fell into the right place at the right time ! I'm a decent negotiator but this guy was hungry to sell and was paying storage fees. I think he was ready to dump and I took advantage. No harm no fowl. Today I cleaned up the inside, vacumned every nook and cranny. Now part of the low ball price was based on not being able to hear the outboard motor run. It was at a storage facility and no garden hose spigot available. But the seller said he would do a lake test if I wanted which gave me confidence. Also recent service records sealed it for me so I took a chance. Today I slid on the muffs, hooked up the garden hose and gave it a try. Primed the primer bulb, pulled the manual choke and advanced the throttle a little bit. Took a deep breath and turned the key, I don't think it turned a full revolution and she fired to life ! Idled good and I blipped the throttle a few times and it revved right up. Put it in forward/reverse no issues so I'm happy about that. Now running good in the driveway vs. under load in a lake is two different things but I'm confident she'll run good. I may have to replace the gauges as they are sunfaded LCD's that I could barely read but that's OK the major items work well.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 07-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #5

Thief

stole that !
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 AM   #6

We took ours out for the first time yesterday.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #7

Heliguy nice little boat you got there what is it a 11 ' ? How many hp outboard ? I bet it's a blast to bomb around in !