Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Garage
can't wait for the Porsche version!

Ferrari Racing Legends: A Single-Make Historical Tour, From Atari - NYTimes.com

Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #2

Something about the physics seems wrong. The cars look like they have no mass or momentum, turn in is way too sharp. TDU and TDU 2 had arcade physics, so I'm guessing this game will too. Will have to see it in person to fully judge it though.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #3

So you want to sit around and pretend you're driving a Porsche? Just go out in the driveway and turn the key.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #4

Garage
Sadly, I don't own a copy of all the great cars Porsche has made throughout its history, and driving them in a video game is probably as close as I could ever get to that. Of course, first a) the game would have to actually exist and b) I would need to get a console of some sort. In the meantime, yes, I will make do with the Boxster
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #5

Forza 3 has lots of Porsches to drive, including a Boxster. Forza 4, unfortunately, has none. Some kind of licensing dispute I think.

Reconditioned Xbox 360 from EB Games, $129. Or a brand new unit with Kinect costs about $400. A decent Fanatec-equipped racing chair set-up will run you about a grand or more if you don't want to "drive" using the standard controller. Then there is the TV and surround sound...

I have more tied up in my virtual racing rig than some people spend on a real car, but it gets me through the long winter.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Carnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Forza 3 has lots of Porsches to drive, including a Boxster. Forza 4, unfortunately, has none. Some kind of licensing dispute I think.

Reconditioned Xbox 360 from EB Games, $129. Or a brand new unit with Kinect costs about $400. A decent Fanatec-equipped racing chair set-up will run you about a grand or more if you don't want to "drive" using the standard controller. Then there is the TV and surround sound...

I have more tied up in my virtual racing rig than some people spend on a real car, but it gets me through the long winter.
F4 has Porsches now but for an extra $20!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #7

Just remember: Need for Speed Shift has an arcade heavy physics engine rather than a sim-heavy one. This means that the cars handle easier than in real life, hence why the cars can turn so quickly at such high speeds (or in other words, has little momentum). I won't be getting it, I have Gran Turismo 5 for my virtual car-sim needs and a Boxster S for my real car needs.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood View Post
I have Gran Turismo 5 for my virtual car-sim needs and a Boxster S for my real car needs.
Yup...and the PS3 is collecting dust with spring having sprung.

AZCanna is offline   Reply With Quote