986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   can't wait for the Porsche version! (http://986forum.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/33933-cant-wait-porsche-version.html)

vitaminC 02-17-2012 03:00 PM

can't wait for the Porsche version!

Ferrari Racing Legends: A Single-Make Historical Tour, From Atari - NYTimes.com

Lordblood 02-26-2012 09:50 PM

Something about the physics seems wrong. The cars look like they have no mass or momentum, turn in is way too sharp. TDU and TDU 2 had arcade physics, so I'm guessing this game will too. Will have to see it in person to fully judge it though.

DenverSteve 02-27-2012 08:29 PM

So you want to sit around and pretend you're driving a Porsche? Just go out in the driveway and turn the key.

vitaminC 02-28-2012 10:35 AM

Sadly, I don't own a copy of all the great cars Porsche has made throughout its history, and driving them in a video game is probably as close as I could ever get to that. Of course, first a) the game would have to actually exist and b) I would need to get a console of some sort. In the meantime, yes, I will make do with the Boxster :cool:

Mark_T 02-29-2012 06:10 AM

Forza 3 has lots of Porsches to drive, including a Boxster. Forza 4, unfortunately, has none. Some kind of licensing dispute I think.

Reconditioned Xbox 360 from EB Games, $129. Or a brand new unit with Kinect costs about $400. A decent Fanatec-equipped racing chair set-up will run you about a grand or more if you don't want to "drive" using the standard controller. Then there is the TV and surround sound...

I have more tied up in my virtual racing rig than some people spend on a real car, but it gets me through the long winter.

AndyA6 03-06-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 280328)
Forza 3 has lots of Porsches to drive, including a Boxster. Forza 4, unfortunately, has none. Some kind of licensing dispute I think.

Reconditioned Xbox 360 from EB Games, $129. Or a brand new unit with Kinect costs about $400. A decent Fanatec-equipped racing chair set-up will run you about a grand or more if you don't want to "drive" using the standard controller. Then there is the TV and surround sound...

I have more tied up in my virtual racing rig than some people spend on a real car, but it gets me through the long winter.

F4 has Porsches now but for an extra $20!

Lordblood 03-12-2012 08:52 PM

Just remember: Need for Speed Shift has an arcade heavy physics engine rather than a sim-heavy one. This means that the cars handle easier than in real life, hence why the cars can turn so quickly at such high speeds (or in other words, has little momentum). I won't be getting it, I have Gran Turismo 5 for my virtual car-sim needs and a Boxster S for my real car needs.

AZCanna 04-03-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordblood (Post 282291)
I have Gran Turismo 5 for my virtual car-sim needs and a Boxster S for my real car needs.

Yup...and the PS3 is collecting dust with spring having sprung.