Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #1

Cuban Cigar Bands Needed (again)

Last time I asked forum members for cigar bands, one forum member sent me three Cohiba bands and it was great. I've made pens from those and need some more. Any decent Cuban band or really expensive Dominican band would be highly appreciated.

All I ask is that you carefully remove the band from the cigar, avoid folding the paper, and mail it to me flat so I can glue it to the barrel of a pen I'm making.

BTW, if anyone has a brand they love and would like one of these fine writing instruments that looks just like a cigar, let me know! I've sold a few this Christmas to friends and spouses who want to surprise their loved one with a cigar pen utilizing their favorite band or in this case, "contra-band" :dance:

These take about 10 hours to create, so if I can get $150 plus shipping for one, I'm happy.

Shoot me a PM if you have bands to donate to my hobby or you want one of these babies. Attached is a shot of a pen I made from the only Cuban Montecristo band a lady could steal from her husband humidor, so it's a little beat up... but I adhered it to the wood and then put a smooth finish over the top of it so it's completely protected now...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg montecristo.jpg (235.6 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 12-24-2010 at 04:53 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #2

Garage
Randall

That looks great, really get a lot of complements on the one you made me.

Maybe see if Arnold in Sacramento wants one ;-)

Will be traveling first of year and will keep an eye out at duty free, any specific brands or size?

Merry Christmas to you and your wife!!
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #3

Coreseller, if you smoke with others be sure to spy their contrabands and ask them if you can have them for a buddy... remembering not to fold them!

Travis, if you're traveling and you can snag a couple of cohibas with a medium ring size and get them in the country, I'd love the bands. Cohibas have a very durable paper band that has some foil embossing on it and it's lightly varnished and really makes life easier for me and is instantly recognizable as well.

You know, I love to smoke cigars, but I smoke cheap little aromatic Acid cigars and they call the size "blondie" (Drew Estates). Very nice cigar if you're not into super-strong cuban leaf stogies or you don't smoke many cigars in a year's time.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #4

Very nice work...

... Randall.
My son also has a hobby which utilizes the cigar bands, so he takes all of mine.
Merry Christmas,
Ho, Ho, Ho!

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 12-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #5

Pedro, you really do look like Santa!

Hey, I tell you what—we can trade something you sell for a nice cigar pen if you like (ie, a motor mount in which I am in dire need), providing you send me a band off a stogie you enjoy. Your son won't miss just one, will he?
Old 12-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #6

I might have a few Montecristo #2's in the cellar that you could have. (The bands only !!! LOL) I'll probably bring at least one of them out tomorrow anyway so I should be able to get it to you next week

Bob

7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote