Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2023, 07:13 AM   #1

Hello (and SOS) from Pittsburgh

Hey, y'all. Appreciate all the insight here. Great resource!

I'm the proud new owner of a '02 Boxster base, which I got a great deal on ... and I immediately discovered metal and plastic shavings in the oil , so I'm in the process of removing the engine to replace the IMS bearing, timing chain pads, and a number of other goodies while she's out.

And now I find myself in a pickle. My searches are coming up short, so I'm wondering ... has anyone ever gotten mostly through the process and then realized they needed to take the bumper off too late? Because that's where I'm at. Now I need to raise the spoiler, so I'm wondering (1) can I reconnect the battery to lift the spoiler after the wiring harness is disconnected? Or (2) is there a way to manually lift the spoiler to get the bumper off (short of drilling holes through the bumper cover?

Appreciate the insights.

Last edited by 986girldad; 01-20-2023 at 01:49 PM.
986girldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:48 PM   #2

Update: for anyone curious, you do NOT need to raise the spoiler to remove it and the rear bumper. I skipped raising it and had no issues following the Bentley manual. Bumper is off, and the exhaust is coming off tonight.
986girldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:43 PM   #3

You're welcome..

PIERRE234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine removal , sos , spoiler