Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2022, 09:18 PM   #1

New member, 01 986 base

Hello all, I'm going to try and not spam the board with the same questions everyone else asked before I got here, but I'll also apologize in advance if my search skills fail me now and then and I ask a dumb one.

Car has 92k miles on it, been patching up years of neglected maintenance thanks to the collected wisdom of this board, rennlist, and youtube. So far replaced both air filters, the MAF, the climate control LCD, all four CV boots, replaced all the wiring in both headlights thanks to flaking insulation, and what I'm sure was a long overdue oil change that was several quarts high.

Hasdrubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #2

Garage
Welcome and, wow, you've already accomplished some tricky projects.
2001 Boxster 986 (base) #414
-PCA GGR: Class Champion AX12 '18, '19, '20; CC06 '21; CC05 '22; PAX 5th '19, 3rd '20, '21, & '22
-PCA Zone 7: Class Champion P14 '18, '19; P02 '20; P-03 '22; PAX Champion '20 & '21
BrantyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:03 PM   #3

Thanks, currently working on replacing the terrible aftermarket stereo, sounds like a crystal radio kit you'd give a kid in the late 1980s, and to make it even better, the installer cut all the factory plugs off instead of using an adapter harness. Also trying to fix leaky doors, the passenger side weather membrane was torn and badly glued in, while the driver's side is missing completely.

And yet, it's fundamentally such a good car that it's worth the effort.
Hasdrubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:34 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Thanks, currently working on replacing the terrible aftermarket stereo, sounds like a crystal radio kit you'd give a kid in the late 1980s, and to make it even better, the installer cut all the factory plugs off instead of using an adapter harness. Also trying to fix leaky doors, the passenger side weather membrane was torn and badly glued in, while the driver's side is missing completely.

And yet, it's fundamentally such a good car that it's worth the effort.
Welcome! Had the same radio issues. Lots of fun. I ended up installing a double DIN Carplay unit, 4 new speakers, and a powered compact woofer. Made a huge difference in sound quality.

Glad she got into the hands of someone who would take care of her.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:34 AM   #5

Hi all can’t seem to start a welcome thread. Help

Dan Miles is offline   Reply With Quote