Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2022, 02:31 PM   #1

New Member 2000 boxster s

Hi all NY based first time Porsche owner long time car enthusiast having previously done 2 pretty involved builds on Subaru wrx's. After getting more into track days I decided I wanted a boxster to build into a wheel to wheel race car. So after some searching I purchased a 986 s in not so pretty but good running and driving shape. Has some light track use modifications such as one way adjustable Koni shocks and H&R lowering springs, L&N deep sump kit, sway bars and 2 sets of 18x8/18x10 wheels. Exterior of the car has a poor respray but i didn't buy it because its pretty i chose this boxster because it was the cheapest S I could grab. Since picking it up i have done some maintenance and replaced some failing components, very much enjoying the car got 2 days in before the season ended. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys share my build progress and searching before asking for the solution to my problem that someone else almost certainly had years before me!

Trav29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:35 AM   #2

Garage
Welcome to the forum!
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav29 View Post
Hi all NY based first time Porsche owner long time car enthusiast having previously done 2 pretty involved builds on Subaru wrx's. After getting more into track days I decided I wanted a boxster to build into a wheel to wheel race car. So after some searching I purchased a 986 s in not so pretty but good running and driving shape. Has some light track use modifications such as one way adjustable Koni shocks and H&R lowering springs, L&N deep sump kit, sway bars and 2 sets of 18x8/18x10 wheels. Exterior of the car has a poor respray but i didn't buy it because its pretty i chose this boxster because it was the cheapest S I could grab. Since picking it up i have done some maintenance and replaced some failing components, very much enjoying the car got 2 days in before the season ended. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys share my build progress and searching before asking for the solution to my problem that someone else almost certainly had years before me!
Check with PowerTech in Rockaway, NJ for spares and pre-tech for the track.

Bill S.

mrmustang is offline   Reply With Quote