Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 11:22 PM   #1

So excited I can't even sleep!

I own a Porsche!

When I was a kid I had a 911 poster above my bed. At the bottom, in very tiny print, it had stats for the car. To the best of my recollection those stats were...

0-60: Blink of an Eye
Top Speed: Saturn V Rocket
Price: 1 Gajillion Dollars

I wanted to one day not only own a Porsche 911, I wanted to find that very car from the poster. I used to wonder who owned it and where the car was right at that very moment in time. I hoped they were taking very good care of it.

Then I grew up.

I never found that 911 from the poster, never bought a Porsche, never even had a sports car. I'd pretty much given up on the very notion of it, until today... when I drove my BRAND NEW (to me) Porsche home!

2003 Boxster silver with black interior with under 50K miles! It's is spectacular shape (or so I hope).

It was dark by the time I got home, it was hard to go to sleep, but I figured the faster I went to sleep the faster tomorrow would come and I could drive my new Porsche. I wasn't asleep long and I was awake, fighting the urge to go out and sit in it. So I've been watching YouTube videos instead. Saw lots of cool and interesting things, some scary things, finding out about the the IMS bearing was quite a shock! Eventually I stumbled on this forum.

It's great to be here!

You guys beat me here, but I think I'm sticking around for quite awhile. (Provided my IMS bearing holds out.)

Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:42 AM   #2
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

Congratulations! The 2003 is a great year with glass rear window and glove box plus some added HP. Enjoy, the nirvana only gets better when you get out on the road!
Old 03-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #3

They are such phenomenal cars, Congrats on your purchase!
DarrenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #4

Congratulations!! Don't let the scary things you might have read taint your enthusiasm. Boxsters are really great cars, and I cannot think of another car that gives you so much bang for the buck. Just get to know it and enjoy driving the car. This forum is a wealth of knowledge. You'll most likely be surprised of the maintenance and repairs you do to your own car as a result of the forum. The 'hands on' will make you appreciate the car even more than you already do.

All I can say is that I owned a 2000 Box S for 10 years and it was just a fun (and solid) the day I sold it as the day I bought it.

Enjoy!!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #5

It's an awesome feeling to make that childhood dream of a Porsche come true. Very happy for you!
morbidelli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #6

Almost a week later and my head is still in the clouds. Got several good cruising sessions in, with the top down I think I was getting about 65 smiles per gallon.

So many things I'm looking forward to... paint, mods, and even just general maintenance, but I'm just going to enjoy it perfectly stock for awhile. I'm very glad to have found this place, it looks like an amazing resource.

Thanks for the welcomes!
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #7

I still smile every time I drive it! My sister lives in Huntsville just bought one this year also a2003 S i think.