Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #1
Geoff

PCCM+ install

Hello friends!

I'm a new 2004 Boxster S owner, and so far I'm really enjoying the car--so fun to drive, especially now that I got my car back from the shop after purchase! I like that you can fix so many things yourself as well--nice to be able to work on it.

I just wanted to let people know that I'm in the process of installing the PCCM+ on my own, and so far, so good. I relocated the A/C without too much trouble, and I'm now just waiting on the retaining bar and other replacement parts so that I can finally put the unit it. I have done a lot of research and hunting for videos and instructions, and so let me know if you have any questions. In the meantime, the best and most helpful videos are the following:

Piston Kirk's video -- good for relocating A/C and general stuff.
Good video with some helpful modifications to mic and breakout box placement.

PCCM+ install video on a 996 which I haven't watched.

I think the trickiest thing that I still haven't done yet because I'm waiting for shipment is the retaining bar and other stuff that you have to put in to switch from DIN1 to DIN2 size radios. I will be sure to update once those things come in. But from everything I've read, I'm reasonably confident that it shouldn't be too hard (hope I don't eat my words).

Deibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibel View Post
Hello friends!

I'm a new 2004 Boxster S owner, and so far I'm really enjoying the car--so fun to drive, especially now that I got my car back from the shop after purchase! I like that you can fix so many things yourself as well--nice to be able to work on it.

I just wanted to let people know that I'm in the process of installing the PCCM+ on my own, and so far, so good. I relocated the A/C without too much trouble, and I'm now just waiting on the retaining bar and other replacement parts so that I can finally put the unit it. I have done a lot of research and hunting for videos and instructions, and so let me know if you have any questions. In the meantime, the best and most helpful videos are the following:

Piston Kirk's video -- good for relocating A/C and general stuff.
Good video with some helpful modifications to mic and breakout box placement.

PCCM+ install video on a 996 which I haven't watched.

I think the trickiest thing that I still haven't done yet because I'm waiting for shipment is the retaining bar and other stuff that you have to put in to switch from DIN1 to DIN2 size radios. I will be sure to update once those things come in. But from everything I've read, I'm reasonably confident that it shouldn't be too hard (hope I don't eat my words).
Welcome!

I'm not familiar with the acronym "PCCM", but if it makes you go faster, I'm in. :dance:
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:05 AM   #3

Hi Deibel - I have my '03 Boxster base at a local dealer (Newport Beach, CA) installing the PCCM+. They have ordered the necessary trim and retainer parts from the factory, but it's now been 2 weeks and no parts. How long did it take you to get the parts and where did you order them. Any thoughts what be appreciated. I'm really getting impatient. Thanks.
R Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #4

PCCM is that new double din radio upgrade with navigation and Apple Carplay. It seems like all kinds of parts are taking longer to deliver now. I waited about a month for a GT3 center console delete kit and the dealer had to get two outboard GT3 seat lap harness mounts I needed from Germany.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #5

Garage
I did mine last fall before putting the car up for winter. It is a nice setup and you will enjoy it. It’s nice to have real Bluetooth phone connectivity + apple car play. The only downside is no wireless apple care play but there is a dongle that enables that function. Enjoy. Rick

Rickvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pccm+