Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
Chris Taylor

02 Boxster S changing sports suspension to std

Greetings all,
We specified the car new from the factory with sports suspension, as I used to run and attend track days.
We still have the car all these years later and I'm beginning to grow weary of the bump thump. Has anyone changed their suspension "this way 'round"? And if so, what are your thoughts.
I'm presuming it's an easy and not expensive fit. I recall that it was almost the cheapest option on the tic list when we bought the car in the first place!

Chris Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor View Post
Greetings all,
We specified the car new from the factory with sports suspension, as I used to run and attend track days.
We still have the car all these years later and I'm beginning to grow weary of the bump thump. Has anyone changed their suspension "this way 'round"? And if so, what are your thoughts.
I'm presuming it's an easy and not expensive fit. I recall that it was almost the cheapest option on the tic list when we bought the car in the first place!
I'm unclear; you want to change to the non-sport suspension? or the suspension is worn and you want to change-out with new OEM Sport suspension?
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Chris Taylor

Change from sports to standard suspension O2 "S"

I mean what you said first!
I know it's probably an unusual direction of change.
I ordered the car from new with the sports suspension, which was fine while I benefited from it on trackdays etc.
Now I am wondering about changing it over to standard suspension. A tiny bit higher ride height and maybe a bit less uncompromised over the bumps.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor View Post
I mean what you said first!
I know it's probably an unusual direction of change.
I ordered the car from new with the sports suspension, which was fine while I benefited from it on trackdays etc.
Now I am wondering about changing it over to standard suspension. A tiny bit higher ride height and maybe a bit less uncompromised over the bumps.
You will notice a difference doing that, I would think someone would trade springs with you if you go that way. When I overhauled my suspension a couple years ago I retained the oe standard springs.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
Chris Taylor

Change from sports to standard suspension O2 "S"

I think that's not a bad shout, thank you.
I never expected to have the car that long, it's just so good. The new one is so biiiig and even with the wind deflector, my wife's hair is blown forward into her eyes. In the old one she is unruffled!