Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2020, 03:24 AM   #1
2004 Boxster

New 2004 986 owner.

Hello,

I bought my first Porsche, a 2004 Boxster (Atlas gray with Boxster red-interior and blue top) with 63 000km (39,000 miles). It is in perfect condition and was meticulously maintained by the previous original owner. IMS bearing was replaced by a ceramic one in 2018.

The car was only used in the summer, 6 months a year, because I live in Canada on the east coast, so lots of snow...

The only issue is the yellowing of the inside lenses on the headlights. But it's not that bad. I've checked the bulbs and they are of the right type (55W)

I wish I had driven a Boxster sooner. Wow, I am impressed by the handling, the power and the engine sound :-)

I bought the book "101 projects for your Porsche Boxster" and already replaced the serpentine belt. It did not seem worn or cracked, but could not find a record of it's replacement. It's so cheap, why not...air and cabin filters too. Finally, I repaired a broken passenger side sun visor mirror door, that was velcro'ed.

I have ordered a wind deflector kit and a steering multi-function switch to add onboard computer and cruise control.

Just hope that I can find someone the activate these options at a reasonable price, once they are installed. I've looked into buying the programming software and cable, but they are a little too expensive for me right now.

I find this forum to be very resourceful and I look forward to many years of fun and tinkering.

EuropaDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:09 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Awesome introdeuction. Welcome to the forum!

I've the same interior, absent the red seats and steering wheel. Yours is a beaut!

See you around!
Old 07-20-2020, 05:39 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Always great to see another Canadian on the site. What ‘wind deflector kit’ are you referring to.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:46 AM   #4
2004 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Welcome to the forum. Always great to see another Canadian on the site. What ‘wind deflector kit’ are you referring to.
Thanks. I am talking about the kit that comes with the plexi-glass window, installation hardware, as well as the mesh screens for the roll bar hoops...
Old 07-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #5
2004 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Awesome introdeuction. Welcome to the forum!

I've the same interior, absent the red seats and steering wheel. Yours is a beaut!

See you around!
Thanks Starter986, see you around maybe :-)
Old 07-20-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
My Mom was born in Newfoundland, coming to the States around 62. I don't enjoy dual-citizenship but hey... eh?
Old 07-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #7

Cool 2004 Porsche Boxster

Welcome to the Forum!

I have the same 04 986 S in Atlas Gray Metallic, black interior. I'm sure you'll enjoy owning and driving this Boxster.

Happy Boxstering !

t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote