Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #1

New Member from New York

Hi All!

My name is Sol, I am currently in the market for a 986! I had a '99 model way back in 2002, but only for a few months as my sibling "handed it down" when they moved to the city. Either way, I have always been a big fan of Porsche, and of course the 986. It has aged gracefully, and I think it has become one of the greatest values around!

For the most part, I am looking to buy as a second car to drive around town. I do live about 60 miles from the office, so would not mind driving it in once or twice a week as these cars to be reliable if maintained properly.

I found a couple of great, decently maintained Boxsters nearby which I hope to check out. For the most part, I know to look for certain phrases "RMS" "Air/Oil Separator" things along those lines that should be done. It happens to be both cars I found are 1999 models with over 90k miles each so IMS is not really an issue.

That being said, I found a couple of guides "what to look for" on the main forum so I can use that when inspecting the cars. One just had a weird fuel gauge issue, where it does not show how much fuel is in the car.... need to figure that one out if I make the long drive home with it!

solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote