Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
Back again

Well, it's been almost two years since I last posted, and I still have a '98 Boxster that only runs on 3 cylinders (1 bank). It's Guards Red with 98,000 miles and a hardtop. Bought it from a guy who was storing it in a barn (seriously) about 10 miles from the Mexican border. It's a Colorado car with no rust.

I stalled out about 2 years ago when I needed to drop the engine a few inches to get the air intake out of the way. I need to get access to the fuel injectors and rail on the driver's side to see if there was pack rat damage done to the injector wiring harness.

I would have loved to say I got it running, but things came up. Job changes, moving, etc. But even though my wife wanted me to just dump it as a roller, I held onto it. It's been sitting in my garage gathering dust. I will now get back to the task of getting it running.

I just wanted to say hi again and thank everyone here for their help.

tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #2

Welcome back to 986 forum. Hope you will find time and able to fix your car and enjoumy this coming summer!

I have 99 tiptronic. IMS replaced even though the original is in very good shape. Since new rebuilt tranny was replaced, much as well replaced the IMS. Well not me but the previous owner did it last quarter of 2016. He spent more than $4k for parts only because he used to be a co-owner of a porsche shop. I bought it last June 2017 after selling my 1975 914.

ndfrigi is offline   Reply With Quote