Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

Hi I'm back from a 12 year hiatus!

Hello Friends,

Finally decided to purchase a daily driver(2003 Porsche Boxster S) for work, to get around town and just cruise. Took a while to look for this exact color scheme with red leather interior, rims, S model and 2003 year(Glass back window) Specifically looking for something that needed a clutch job so I could have the IMS Bearing done. After a few racks dropped on the LN Engineering IMS Bearing, SACHS OEM Clutch/Pressure Plate/throw out Bearing and a brake fluid flush this thing drives like a dream. Strong motor and shifts smoothly. I used to own a 1998 Porsche Boxster Base with the red leather interior, but sold that off 12 years ago. Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I have a need for some spare parts if you're in my area. Please feel free to PM if you have parts to trade/sell. Always looking for an excuse to go buy milk if you know what I mean . Soon to be DIY projects: I have a 987 air box(no tutorials on youtube atm) on the way, replacement 987 OEM air filter and 996 throttle body install. Then I will work on getting the exhaust gases out of the vehicle with an aftermarket exhaust system(headers, cats, pipes and exhaust) I've included some pics of the ride and the IMS bearing that was pulled out of my engine, luckily for me it was still in good shape. Enjoy!

Vfrealtor405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Boxing in Australia

Nice Colour, I have just had my 03 2.7 for 11 months, much improved over the first model. Mine is meridian silver with blue leather,

Would have liked an S but had to stretch to buy the 2.7 ( plenty of power for a 76 year old,]

Welcome and good luck
Alan Mackew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Nice looking Boxster. Love the red on silver. Your IMS and flange looks like the one I replaced in my '03 S. Good peace of mind.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #4

Thank you all. It was a joy driving to and from work today. Nice sunny 70 degree weather. Dropped the top down and used the curvy inroads. You can actually hear the nice deep tone of the engine and exhaust. The 987 factory OEM air box arrived today, the OEM Mahle air filter tomorrow. Going to start looking through some tutorials on how to custom fit it into the 986 engine bay. Can't wait.
Vfrealtor405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #5

Welcome from Germany,

Markus

Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote