Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #1

Newbie from Switzerland

Hi,

I bought a metallic blue 2003 Boxster 986 in the fall, and have had it stored in the garage since then. I wanted to spare it from all the bad weather and salt on the road. I'm now preparing it for the next season, and gathering all the information I can.

I have to say that this forum is so informative and valuable. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, experience and wisdom. There are lots of great threads I am lurking, and I have yet to get to most of them. Hopefully, I can contribute something in the near future.

If any of you happen to be in this part of the world, near the Rhine and the Black Forest, please give me a shout.

Cheers!
Marco

Dysosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:18 AM   #2
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysosama View Post
Hi,

If any of you happen to be in this part of the world, near the Rhine and the Black Forest, please give me a shout.

Marco
Welcome Marco. I can only imagine what kind of roads await you in the area you live.

PS: Rule #1 of the 986Forum . . . pictures, pictures, pictures!
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #3

Welcome Marco ! I agree, this site is invaluable to a new owner. I spent countless hours browsing through everything before I made my purchase, and still do, posting very seldom as I really have little constructive to offer. One day, I hope to be able to contribute something back.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Welcome, Marco! I also lurked and learned before buying my Midnight Blue Metallic 03 Base. But we have the need, the need for speed (and pics)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #5

comments/Advise ?

Hello to all....happy 4th...New to Boxster world....Need some advice .... I'm looking at a 2003 boxster...going to see it and drive tomrw..when talking with present owner he said it does have a very tiny oil drip under the car...says before he bought it was present and mech he took to said standard for a boxster....can anyone comment on this situation.....I'll know more tomrw....
Thanks, Greg

Last edited by stangklk@yahoo; 07-02-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: update
stangklk@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangklk@yahoo View Post
Hello to all....happy 4th...New to Boxster world....Need some advice .... I'm looking at a 2003 boxster...going to see it and drive tomrw..when talking with present owner he said it does have a very tiny oil drip under the car...says before he bought it was present and mech he took to said standard for a boxster....can anyone comment on this situation.....I'll know more tomrw....
Thanks, Greg
Oil leaks are not standard in any boxster. Means there's something that's wrong. If you're serious about the car, get a pre purchase inspection done. You'll be glad you did.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote