Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #1

Mazda to Porsche, see where it goes.

Hey all, Names Jake currently in El Paso TX, just traded in my '10 RX8 to get a '00 Boxster, w/ 5MT. Loving life. She's a bit older and has some problems but I'm planning on restoring her to show room condition. Who knows, maybe she'll be my forever car.

Honestly I love the boxster, its actually quite comparable to an RX8, neutral balance decent power and nimble handling, but whats got me sold is that i just get this feeling when i turn her on, no matter how its going a smile creeps across my face and it just makes me feel like this is what i should have bought for a while. Which is sad, because i just couldn't find a decent boxster in my area and settled for an RX8, and we all know how that went!

She needs work, but thats half the fun in my eyes. ill probably be frequenting these forums for now on and if there is anyone else in the El Paso, TX area i would love to meet up sometime!

Draken273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Welcome!

Funny, I bought a new (at the time) 2010 RX8 about 6 months before the 986. The RX8 was fun, but had compression issues.
It also didn't give me anywhere near the thrill that the Boxster does
Old 12-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Congrats on your car. I think we all get that smile. Post a picture even if it has a few blemishes to work out. It can be your 'before' picture.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #4

Well done Jake, congratulations on the purchase of your Boxster, truly a great future classic. Looking foward to seeing some photos, by the way what color did you get.
Santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #5

I guess you'd call this the before pic
Old 12-10-2014, 03:52 AM   #6

And work wise, next week she's getting new brakes all around, a new right side mirror and a new AOS. Next I need to source a new spare tire/tool kit for her and see what I can find.

In about 6k miles I'm gonna drop the tranny and give her a new clutch and IMS bearing.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum
sophie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
ZiG

Wow, glad you posted here. I've been wanting an RX8 for years now and finally decided I'm going to do it this spring, but then I realized how much the Boxsters have come down and been wondering to myself if I'd like it more than an RX8. I guess I'm not alone!

ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote