Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #1

Boxster Noobie, Hello

I bought my first Porsche a couple of months ago. A 2003 Boxster Base model, white with a dark blue interior. She only had a little over 26K miles when I bought her.
I joined the forum a week ago and I've been reading posts and trying to learn. I sure have a lot to learn as I'm finding out.

This is the first sports car for me, I have been into American Muscle all my life. In fact I bought my Porsche at my local Ford dealer when I was there pricing a door panel for my former Mustang. I saw the Boxster and fell in love. The price was right, and I was able to fit...after a little struggle. You see, I am calorically challenged and right at 6 foot 3.

Sgt David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #2

Welcome aboard, Sarge. Beautiful car and the Georgia weather to drive her in.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #3

Garage
Welcome Sarge! Very nice looking car, especially those wheels. Drive it like you stole it & enjoy the thrill of owning a Porsche. Oh, & one other thing....don't be afraid to ask questions here remember the only "stupid question" is the one that is not asked
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Garage
Welcome, Sergeant! Great looking ride, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I recently bought a 2000 S with only 25K miles, so we're in similar situations.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #5

Garage
Welcome and beautiful car! There is nothing like the thrill of driving a boxster. I don't think I could ever go back to my camaro. This is a very informative forum, one of the best I have seen and a lot of nice people to learn from. Enjoy the top down fun!
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6

welcome. i am in atlanta. we should meet sometime. i'd love to see yours in person. it looks great. when i was in NC, i had a group of other boxster owners that occasionally got together. perhaps we can do the same in GA.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
still plays with cars...

Garage
Welcome!
Like yourself, I was a Mustang owner as well. I sold my 18,000 mile 1988 Mustang GT to buy my 2000 Boxster S. Got more for that car when I sold it than I paid for my S.
Gotta say, I love the Boxster way more. Straight line in the 5.0 was great, but that was really all it could do. It was a crude machine. It handled and braked like a gorilla on a skateboard. Makes me wonder why I kept it for 23 years.
Enjoy the Boxster. Where you live, you can run it all year long. Sadly, mine is in winter hibernation already.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #8

Thanks for the welcome. As you can see in the pictures, the leaves are falling here and I am pretty close to the mountains of North Georgia/Eastern Tennessee/Western North Carolina. I ride an old Goldwing with over 200K miles all over these mountains...looking forward to trekking those same roads in the Boxster. Two wheels by myself, four wheels with the Bride.
Sgt David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #9

986 noobie

Hello forum,

Well, I've been looking around this forum since last year and great info. I bought a basic 2000 boxster last year and this is what I have done so far. I'm looking to do some more hacks when I get back from my tour in Africa. unfortunately, my baby is in a storage right now. This is a great forum. I have been learning so much about my boxster and porsche in general. Any San Diego boxster owner that conduct meets?

jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #10
2000 Boxster S

Garage
Nice car!!!
rcbox2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #11

Im in Atlanta also, we should get together one day soon... In box me if you guys want to meet and chat over ...

SoloBox1 is offline   Reply With Quote