Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #1

New Member Pics of my 01

73000 miles. Must say I have some worries about the drive shaft issue. Anyone know if there are noises associated with the problem? I hear a vibration or rumble around 3k rpm, and that is where I live on the highway. Also, any good manuals or downloads here? Mine came without records, owners manual, and only one key, plus a few of the other issues I have seen here, ignition, LCD display on heater bad, and my removable radio face is broken.

Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #2

Garage
Lovely colour combination. In the UK, most in blue come with a grey interior, Tan is much more classy!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #3

Thank you! After seeing all the awesome modded out 986s in the Gallery, seems lame putting up a stock one. I just don't see the need to change any thing, just get some maintenance tips.
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #4

Garage
Sweet looking color! Congrats on your purchase.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post

73000 miles. Must say I have some worries about the drive shaft issue. Anyone know if there are noises associated with the problem? I hear a vibration or rumble around 3k rpm, and that is where I live on the highway. Also, any good manuals or downloads here? Mine came without records, owners manual, and only one key, plus a few of the other issues I have seen here, ignition, LCD display on heater bad, and my removable radio face is broken.
Your rumble at 3K is probably a front engine mount, when I replaced mine the issue was gone. The climate control is easy to repair, I did mine in less than a football game including taking it out & reinstalling it. PM me if you need a owners manual.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Thank you! After seeing all the awesome modded out 986s in the Gallery, seems lame putting up a stock one. I just don't see the need to change any thing, just get some maintenance tips.
Congratulations, you got one in the right color! Of course I got Lapis Blue one myself.
A lot of people seem to feel the need to 'modernize' their car by removing the original lights and putting transparent, silver, smoked or whatever on instead. I rather like the happy colors myself. They go pretty well with the blue.
The rumble at 3k rpm is most likely your motor mount. I have the same problem myself, hopefully I'll find some time to replace it soon. A new mount is about $120-$150. Seems to be an easy DIY, definitely easier that the AOS that I replaced last year.
Happy Boxtering!

nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote