Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #1

pics of my new boxster

this is my new to me 2002 S boxster. i bought it back in april and have loved every minute of driving it and slowly making it better. It has 83,000 miles on it and is in fair/good condition with the common cosmetic issues, front bumper and hood are pretty sandblasted along with the headlights, the plastic rear window is pretty beat up along with the interior plastics, other than that it looks great from 10 feet away and runs and drives wonderfully! i had a prepurchase inspection done by the porsche dealer who had been servicing it since new and they had nothing bad to say about the car other than the non N rated tires and a torn cv boot and front engine mount..but they are not willing to show me any specific service history so i am in the dark about the clutch and IMS..i have replaced the water pump and thermostat and did front engine mount too(what a difference)! next will be new tires and headlights..the car is equipped with the sport touring package which i liked and is the classic color combo of arctic silver over black..any ideas what happened to my passenger seat and how to correct? thanks to the forum for all the info and advice!

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #2

Garage
Good looking car, I need headlights too. Mine are badly sandblasted! Let me know how much you have to pay for them. Thanks.
Dgrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #3

Garage
Seat Observation

My first impression from looking at your seat is that there was a hot container(round) full of hot liquid (food?) sitting on seat which spilled some or all of its contents. Probably happened on a holiday, someone traveling to family function - and got caught up in some spirited driving...OOPs!

To correct to perfection = new original cover/new passenger seat installation $$$

To correct to minimum standards of acceptance = find and install decent seat cover - best match(maybe you can even find and install bottom half only?)$

OR...(on a lighter note)use this seat for spill testing when you do street trials for your new "spill proof passenger seat take-hot-soup-to-party contraption"

murphy986 is offline   Reply With Quote