Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #1

New the club

Well, this summer after a 2400 mile road trip home (Phoenix to Baltimore), there is beautiful blue and tan 2000S sitting the garage. Four long days to bond with this machine was a treat. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I quickly realized, this machine was unlike anything I have ever driven. I use to think, the TT roadster I had was something, but there's no contest. Now I have fun just carving the back country roads of MD and beyond. I can't wait for Spring to return, so weekend road trips can commence.

Bob Costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #2

Congratulations

And welcome. The combined wisdom (and humor) of this forum is amazing. The search function can bring untold knowledge to your screen. Be sure to post pictures of your new family member.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #3

another marylander! welcome to the forum. i think we need to start a MD Boxster group...
Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #4

Garage
+1 on the TT covert! Loved that car, but it was certainly no Boxster.
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #5

Bob, welcome to the Porsche fraternity. I got my first Porsche in December - a blue and gray 2001 base. Enjoyed your comment about the TT. My daughter bought a new red TT Quatro in 2001. At the time she didn't know how to drive a manual so I got to drive the car to teach her how. It was a fun car but definitely not a Boxster. My biggest concern about her coupe was the limited visibility. Never seemed to be a problem for her. After 10 years she is finally ready to sell the car because of the new baby and lack of room. It still looks brand new.

BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote