Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #1

Question Where is the windscreen washer bottle on 1999 986?

Hello,

I'm completely new to Porsche and to using these Forum sites, so please bare with me and thank you in advance if you are able to help.

I very much hope someone is able to answer this question as I'm about to take my 1999 Boxster 3.2 S 986 on to the ferry in Dover for a trip to Europe early in the morning and have just realised that I don't know how to top up the windscreen washer bottle! If anyone can just answer this one for me, I would be so happy.

Am feeling very daft as I took the car down to a garage in Christchurch yesterday to have the MAF sensor renewed and a wind deflector fitted, but forgot to ask this question whilst I was there.

Please put my mind at rest!!

Many thanks,

Rosie

Cluelessnblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluelessnblonde
Hello,

I'm completely new to Porsche and to using these Forum sites, so please bare with me and thank you in advance if you are able to help.

I very much hope someone is able to answer this question as I'm about to take my 1999 Boxster 3.2 S 986 on to the ferry in Dover for a trip to Europe early in the morning and have just realised that I don't know how to top up the windscreen washer bottle! If anyone can just answer this one for me, I would be so happy.

Am feeling very daft as I took the car down to a garage in Christchurch yesterday to have the MAF sensor renewed and a wind deflector fitted, but forgot to ask this question whilst I was there.

Please put my mind at rest!!

Many thanks,

Rosie
Hey Rosie, welcome aboard. To top off your windshield washer fluid, just open up your front trunk lid, and you'll see the cap to the washer fluid reservoir near the driver side, in the vicinity of where the driver fender, driver side windshield corner. Just open up that washer fluid cap and top it off... and you're set!

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #3

For the more visual.... Hopefully this picture will help.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #4

Smile My, that was quick!

Thank you so much..... I did take a quick look earlier on today, but my son was with me and he only has food on his mind, so I didn't get a chance to investigate!!

I'll have plenty of time to check this out in the morning once I'm in France.

Thanks again,

Rosie
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #5

Thumbs up Brilliant picture!!

Now, that is what I call really helpful..... a picture!! Bless you!!

Better go and start packing as I have to catch the ferry at 8 in the morning.

Many many thanks.

I expect I shall be back on here again soon with loads more questions, but for now I'm all done.

Rosie x
Old 09-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluelessnblonde
Now, that is what I call really helpful..... a picture!! Bless you!!

Better go and start packing as I have to catch the ferry at 8 in the morning.

Many many thanks.

I expect I shall be back on here again soon with loads more questions, but for now I'm all done.

Rosie x
You're very welcome Rosie, best of luck!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #7

Then forum members never stirred unneccessarily. Yes there was FUN to be had, joking and the rest, but they never posted threads expecting controversy.The instrument panel gauge and the dipstick read from the same source. There is an oil pump in each of the camshaft housings for oil return.