Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #1

need help w/my 1999 boxster - windows and key issues

howdy all,

i just picked up a 1999 boxster and i have two issues i cannot seem to resolve:

1. the windows will not roll up all the way. they get to 2/3rds and stop. if i drop the top, they will roll up to full but as soon as i put the roof back up - they go down to 2/3rds and refuse to roll up.
2. the key i have has a new battery, but it won't remotely unlock/lock the car or open the trunk. i can open the door/start the car fine with the key but the built in remote doesn't seem to work.

the guy i bought it from couldn't find the owners manual so i agreed to buy one from the dealership, but this day one and i find myself dumbfounded

any help would be appreciated.

holytouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #2

Hi Holytouch:

Q1 - Maybe this thread might help: Driver Window not Dropping. Look for MNBoxster's post on 'standardizing' the side windows. Supposedly this in the manual you don't have.

Q2 - Don't know. I've read on renntech.org, here and/or www.ppbb.com people having problems with electrical contacts. Or, it might be that the remote needs to be re-programmed by the dealer. Or, maybe you need a new remote from the dealer. I understand the last option is a pretty pricey.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #3

re: second problem - i had the same problem with my keys/remote, i changed the batteries too but it didnt help.
So I had no choice, I had to get new keys/remote from the dealer, and yes it was expensive!

986 silver boxster
E46 TiAg ///M3
92 red miata
boxsterx is offline   Reply With Quote