Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > Latest Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2003, 03:37 AM   #1
Regional Moderator

I just love this new front!

Not so crazy about all the other spy shots, though...

CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 06:53 AM   #2

Yeah, very nice! Too bad autobild.de has to put their watermark all over the image.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 07:08 PM   #3

I would imagine "removing" a water-mark is a Photoshop nightmare-deluxe. I really hate when rags/websites create "difficulties" for us!!!
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
Forum Contributor

Wow, looks really nice.

Is this the new Turbo Boxster?
Also, are there more photos of this Porsche?
Box Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:04 PM   #5

Question What's up with those intakes?

Something doesn't look right about that shot. The air intakes for the radiators looked like their covered. This won't work. In my opinion, the intakes should only be as large as they are needed for cooling. I for one don't want a turbo front end on my boxster because to me this says "I'm a poser. I want to look like a turbo, but I'm not. " I'm proud to say, I'm a boxster.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 04:30 PM   #6
Regional Moderator

I agree about the intakes. Heck they wouldn't even function properly as bumpers when you go the the grocery store and get hit by the carts.

What I really like about the design are the headlights and the nice way the hood sweeps around the bumper--very slick!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:57 PM   #7

I personally like the GT2 look bumper cover; however, Boxster covers (standard and S) are always perfect, especially on a Boxster!!
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:11 AM   #8
Unregistered

I agree, somehow that front end just doesnt work 100% right. That front end is about identical to the 996 front end, and its funny cause most people I have met with that front nose style have or are planning on changing it to something else, like the GT2 nose. I have the GT2 nose, the pic attached, and love it. Besides the look after about 65 mph you can feel the front end forcing the front end of the car on the ground, harder than usual. Besides just the increased look of the front end it is truly functional.

http://66.92.147.80/MCarz/main.jpg
Old 05-20-2003, 04:21 AM   #9

One more thing....
Not sure why it only put the link up instead of adding the pic to the page....Gonna try one more time at the end of this thread.

FYI because I have a GT2 front nose that doesnt make me or anyone else that has a different front end a Poser. Whoever said that is a moron. Wether you make any performance additions or not , the GT2 front end keeps the front end on the ground A LOT better then the factory Boxster or Boxster S front nose could ever do, even on the new 2003 and 04 models.

My Boxster has about 300 Hp in it right now and would give a lot of vehicles a good run for the money considering the Boxster weighs signifigantly less then most cars. So calling people Posers for doing something a little different is idiotic.

Last edited by jfmillr; 01-12-2004 at 08:06 AM.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:12 AM   #10
Regional Moderator

Try using the "[IMG]" and "[/IMG] tags:

Nice!