Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #1

New to me 986 '01 Boxster

After browsing the forum as a non-member for months before my purchase, I finally became a member. I want to thank everyone who have contributed to so many useful posts for perspective and new Boxster owners. It has made for a lot of reading and acquiring of knowledge--"pre-breakdown", maintenance and "pre-modification". Please excuse my sport bike as she was parked in front of the new mistress. I have already found my way to Woody's and it was an awesome day trip. For owners in Texas close enough you should make plans for a parts visit.

Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:53 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTHA View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you Martha.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

Welcome to the family! I have your car's older brother (or sister)... a 97 triple black base model.

Where in Texas do you live?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Welcome to the family! I have your car's older brother (or sister)... a 97 triple black base model.

Where in Texas do you live?
Awesome! I'm located in the San Antonio area and you? We also have the name Randall in common all be it mine is spelled a little different!
Old 10-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #6

I'm in Houston.

If you ever need parts, you're not far from Woody in Bastrop. He has a Boxster graveyard...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
I'm in Houston.

If you ever need parts, you're not far from Woody in Bastrop. He has a Boxster graveyard...
I grew up outside of Houston in Dickinson. I've already made a trip out to Woody's and had a great parts outing lol He was a gracious host and gave me a tour of his beautiful "S" after we'd pulled and secured my parts for travel. I will be making a return soon enough :dance:

I can't say enough kind words about Woody, his knowledge, willingness to share and his love for our cars. He has definitely lit a fire under me lol One of my first posts after lurking on the forums was in his parts post as a thank you.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:08 AM   #8

Hey Converse , Snap , It's nice to know we are brothers world wide . I was in Woody's yard just a few weeks ago , a real gent to be sure
Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 AM   #9

Hey Converse986Black, small world! I live in Dickinson and have a niece in Converse. Nice looking Boxster you have, and bike!
bglz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggo View Post

Hey Converse , Snap , It's nice to know we are brothers world wide . I was in Woody's yard just a few weeks ago , a real gent to be sure
Double snap!! I had to look twice at your picture!! Indeed we are brothers worldwide! When I lived in Norway I owned a red/black R6 with a black sports car. Love your car, cycle and caliper colors!

Yes, Woody is a gentlemans gent!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglz42 View Post
Hey Converse986Black, small world! I live in Dickinson and have a niece in Converse. Nice looking Boxster you have, and bike!
Blgz42, very small world indeed! Gator 4 Life!! Thanks for the compliments!

I was in Dickinson two months ago and still have family and friends there. You will have to share a pic of your Boxster when you get the chance. I've been lurking for a long time and it's time I become a part of the community to contribute and give back of the knowledge I'm slowly acquiring about these amazingly engineered automobiles.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #12

Quote:
It is a small world. I'm in santa fe, tx

I bought my 2001 boxster S about a year ago. I've learned a lot about it since then.
jedblanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedblanks View Post
It is a small world. I'm in santa fe, tx

I bought my 2001 boxster S about a year ago. I've learned a lot about it since then.

Wow! LOL Definitely a small world after all. I'm sure you've had quite the time enjoying your Boxster "S" this past year. May I ask how many miles you've put on yours this past year? Total miles? Major repairs encountered? I considered the "S" before my purchase but was concerned that most had been driven badly, high miles and poor to no maintenance records. I still find myself looking for one or perhaps a conversion of mine down the road after my visit to Woody's.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:57 AM   #14

Wow! Definitely a small world!! My wife is a pharmacist at an independent in Santa Fe. Drives my '01 Boxster S once in a while...
bglz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Wow! Definitely a small world!! My wife is a pharmacist at an independent in Santa Fe. Drives my '01 Boxster S once in a while...
That's a beautiful Boxster you have there. Believe it or not, my ten year old daughter picked out our Boxster after a test drive. Her sales pitch to me was, "Now we can have a daddy and me car?" LOL What dad can resist the excellent taste of a beautiful daughter. We were replacing our BMW 7 series which was totaled during a hail storm. My wife and daughter tend to drive the Boxster just as much--so, needless to say, my daughter was a great sales lady lol

I'm sure your Boxster must look amazing on a nice day out on Galveston Island seawall or the Kemah Boardwalk.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:44 AM   #16

Nice Boxster you have will have years of joy, welcom to the forum.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanguy View Post
Nice Boxster you have will have years of joy, welcom to the forum.
Thank you so very much. I'm praying that I have many years without that pesky IMS issue before I can take care of it.

I just realized I put 2001 in the title but she's a 2000. I looked at so many Boxsters and it came down to an '01 and '00. The '01 carried a bigger price tag but after PPI had quite a few problems to be addressed.

Sorry, off-topic, but thank you for the welcome.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:53 PM   #18

Nice Hayabusa! Personally ride a Triumph Daytona 675.

Oh yah, sweet Boxster too.

I'm going to be in Houston next week and driving to San Antonio and hope to be able to swing by Woody's place.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Nice Hayabusa! Personally ride a Triumph Daytona 675.

Oh yah, sweet Boxster too.

I'm going to be in Houston next week and driving to San Antonio and hope to be able to swing by Woody's place.
Froggo has the 'busa and I have the ZX-6R. Let me know when you're in SA and maybe we can do a two person meet and greet lol I'm a fan of the Triumphs, nice sport bikes.