986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/)
-   -   AutoFanatics Run (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/318-autofanatics-run.html)

jtai21 04-10-2003 01:56 PM

The S is not ours yet...
We just got back from turning in our baby back to Clair :(

I'm a very sad....wondering who will adopt it, now that I've abandoned it to the cold outdoors....

CharlesGordon 04-10-2003 05:56 PM

Maybe not yet, but you at least you actually know what the future will bring! I think this is very exciting...I was worried for a second that you might be Boxsterless for a longer period of time.

William Harris 04-11-2003 04:27 AM

So when do you take poss'n?

Rey: How longs the wait? Going cold turkey sucks. Get back in the saddle, its the only cure.

ReyF 04-11-2003 05:55 AM

We should have it

early next week :dance:

-Rey

William Harris 04-11-2003 07:03 AM

Survival guide!

Go to the movies. Read a good book. Watch Le Mans now on DVD! Play Need For Speed. Visit local Porsche dealership and take numerous test drives. Go to day spa or weekend retreat.

jtai21 04-12-2003 03:44 PM

who'da thunk it?

It's only been a couple of days, and we survived the winter without really driving it, but we sorely missed the Boxster today, especially after the rain stopped and the sun came out. I guess we survived the winter because we knew it was sitting in the garage.

We're just wishing our check would hurry through the mail so we can get the new baby.
-Juliette

William Harris 04-14-2003 05:53 AM

Great time at Autofanatics run!

Dear GBBG: Despite poor weather at the beginning of the day, a small group enjoyed the great selection of goodies at Autofanatics. Shopping bags were filled and then we adjourned to Woodman's for a seafood feast. Afterwards, yours personally decided to declare that winter is over - I have now removed the hardtop and snow tires and prepared the car for top down motoring. Installed a couple of recent purchases from Griot's in the garage, especially like the mounting rod that allows you to hang the snow tires on the side of the garage wall. Off the floor and out of the way. Looking forward to the next get together. Charlie, keep us posted on date for the detailing meeting.

ReyF 04-14-2003 08:27 AM

So what did everyone buy?

I shopped online at a couple of detailing websites (including AutoFanatics) on Saturday in honor of you guys. Also picked up a Porter Cable random orbital buffer. With 3 cars to work on I figured it was time to graduate. Now all I need is a Boxster to use this stuff on!

-Rey

donv 04-14-2003 09:34 AM

Didn't go too crazy -- a couple of microfibre cloths, some RaggTop protectant/coating and a bottle of the Zymol seal (door gasket, etc. protectant).

Good luck with the Porter Cable; definite gadget envy item!

CharlesGordon 04-14-2003 09:58 AM

I didn't go too crazy either, just some Raggtop, Lexol, a cool microfiber wash mitt (my sheepskin thing is nice but too much of a pain to dry out), a few other goodies. Oh, and a pink race car model for Sara. :)

I hope to have a sample of Menzerna sealant shortly, in time for the detailing session. We can be the first people in the US to try this stuff out--the U.S. importer is giving it to me to review. Not even CMA carries this stuff. It should be an interesting comparision with Zaino and the Klasse "twins."

CharlesGordon 04-14-2003 10:01 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, too, that that wonderful afternoon Sara and I wandered over to Bates (Kimball) Farm in Carlisle and stumbled across a new potential member, Gene. He had a beautiful brand-new '03 S with Dark Teal and a fantastic exhaust note. Then who should could along but Bob and Darice! I guess Boxsters atract Boxsters! :)