Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2021, 02:36 AM   #1

986 Bose upgrade

Hello,

I have a 2003 2.7 auto boxster.

I need some help. I’ve somewhat foolishly bought the Bose subwoofer shelf for the 986 boxster without doing the leg work.

Now my car doesn’t have the Bose speakers. Just the factory standard ones. My plan was to get this retrofitted with an audio company local to me. But when I told them they advised I need to go to Porsche as they would need to provide the proper wiring loom that is compatible. The sticky thing is I called my local Porsche dealer and they had said they can’t do that for the same reason and told me to go to a hifi/stereo audio fitting centre or shop to get it retrofitted as they do not provide any wiring looms. Now I’ve got the system and no one to fit in for me.

Has anyone done this before or now how to do this. Or is there a thread that already explains this?

I also have the standard head unit which means I am aware they won’t be any real change in audio quality until I upgrade that as well. I am planning to get a pccm plus head unit which comes with apple car play at a later date. I just wanted to audio system fitted in first.

Arron is offline   Reply With Quote