Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 12:25 AM   #1

Which radio adapter for 2002 Bose headunit upgrade. Not MOST or DSP.

I have a 2002 car with PCM 1.

The PCM unlock code give is for the original head unit, which was replaced.

So thinking easiest option is swap for a new Dab/Carplay double din unit.

However, getting very confused reading info as it seems early cars with option M680 got a DSP system, panel for single din and built controller built into the PCM if your car has that, and then it was Bose which is MOST.

But doing some digging it was the early cars with DSP up to 2001, then the MOST system from 2003, whith an analogue Bose system for one year between the two for option 680, which is what I have.

Looking at what I have is speaker level out into an amp in front of the battery, then an add on amp to power the rear speakers and sub on the rear shelf.

Looking at the adapters available though it seems the early non dsp amps have a line level out, and the other adapters are for cars with no amp.

Just wondered if anyone else has swapped head units on a 2002 car with option 680, Bose and not DSP, and what adapter they used?

Thanks!

gIzzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Thought I would follow up in case anyone comes looking for this info.

The non most Bose system feeds the Bose amp with a hi level input, speaker level. The amp then feeds on the rear channel to the add on amp which feeds the Bose sub and rear speakers.

Therefore no adapters needed, simply plug in the standard connectors straight into your new head unit.

The only thing you have to do I hook up the amp power on cable which is in the Yellow C Block to the amp out (blue wire) on your new head unit.

This is the new Pioneer 250Dab Car Play unit......

gIzzE is offline   Reply With Quote