Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #1

Unhappy Remote keys not working tried all resets help please

Hi guys,

Following some previous excellent help I thought I would consult on this forum once again,

My remote keys are not working. The batteries have been changed, and the pills have been swapped over. I have tried the reset in the door ( nothing happens) and in the ignition tower, again nothing happens. The car unlocks by the key but the passenger door does not open with it, leading me to think it might be a central locking problem. It got progressively worse and worse meaning the response became worse and worse until nothing on the buttons.

The dashboard unlock button very rarely works and I have to open the passenger side with the inside door handle. The buttons to unlock the boots also have no response.

Any advice would be great, I wonder if the central locking isn't working rather than the keys, anyone experienced this?

Second to some advice, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction of a professional, as I am not sure what service I am after!

Thanks guys

Graniticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:53 AM   #2

Worth pointing out I have three keys, two of which are remotes, the third has a tag which I assume has the code on it, if anyone thinks this is a recoding issue
Graniticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #3

Garage
Sounds like they have to be reprogrammed. Keep in mind that you'll need the program codes from each fob. If you don't have the codes, you'll need to buy new remotes.

Last edited by amagalla; 10-19-2015 at 01:57 PM.
amagalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
central locking , keys , remote