Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Haven't seen this convertible issue anywhere...Curious if anyone has done it DIY

When I last took the convertible down, it made a louder than usual pop when the latch released. I didn't think much of it at the time and put the car in the garage with the top still down.

Yesterday, when I wen to put the top up in a parking lot, the latch handle is stuck in the closed or locked position and I cannot release the latch to catch the pinch atop the windshield. Pelican doesn't seem to have the part listed on its website, but there are plenty available on ebay for roughly $25-30 from cars being parted-out.

I have a 2001 and I've been playing with the idea of having the top replaced anyway to one with a glass rear window and am wondering as an aside if now is the time to just roll it up into one project if I'm replacing (or having replaced) the latch handle assembly.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice

AZCanna is offline   Reply With Quote