Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 04:07 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppy986 View Post
Installed this morning, wired to ash tray light, thanks Fred for your excellent work, I love it
Looks good... How did you get the adjustment know inside the cubby like that? I also wired mine to the ashtray light and fed the wire for that up under the trim but I have the adjustment knob just hanging over the side of the cubby which I do not like...
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Toppy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1966 View Post
Looks good... How did you get the adjustment know inside the cubby like that? I also wired mine to the ashtray light and fed the wire for that up under the trim but I have the adjustment knob just hanging over the side of the cubby which I do not like...
I pulled off the side panel on the console, drilled a small hole into the cubby, guessing at bottom height. Fed both wires through the hole. Fed the feed wire behind park brake trim into the ashtray area. Cut feed wire at length for ashtray light, and after the white end was connected, coiled up extra wire and stuffed it behind the seat belt post carpet.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppy986 View Post
I pulled off the side panel on the console, drilled a small hole into the cubby, guessing at bottom height. Fed both wires through the hole. Fed the feed wire behind park brake trim into the ashtray area. Cut feed wire at length for ashtray light, and after the white end was connected, coiled up extra wire and stuffed it behind the seat belt post carpet.
I pulled the side panel off (never noticed those came off) and just ran the wire behind the side panel into the bin rather than drill a hole. Seems to work much better than just hanging the wire inside over the top as I had done before ....Thanks
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote