Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #461

Pressure pressure pressure! Well the good news is those blades are done already. Last count Andy and I did on them was 180 (e.g. two per kit, meaning we have enough for 90 kits already machined). And I bet we'll never need 90 lolllll we'll see

Coming week is off to the PWM box machining and assembly! And LED strips assembly is goes fast.

May 2015, those SkyBreaker goes wild and in the express mail to you guys. Promise!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Pressure pressure pressure! Well the good news is those blades are done already. Last count Andy and I did on them was 180 (e.g. two per kit, meaning we have enough for 90 kits already machined). And I bet we'll never need 90 lolllll we'll see

Coming week is off to the PWM box machining and assembly! And LED strips assembly is goes fast.

May 2015, those SkyBreaker goes wild and in the express mail to you guys. Promise!
Can't wait to add this mod! been on the list for a couple of months!
doctorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #463

^^
Don't think I've been this excited since Christmas 1978 lol. Definitely going for design No 1, red with spare white LED.
BoxsterPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #464

Are there any still available?
RossG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #465

Stock update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossG View Post
Are there any still available?
Sort of.

Stupid answer sorry.... I'm just a little upset that I've planned on making so many and, from the look of it, we'll run-out again.

Out of 100 professionally coated panels, we have so far:

- 17 reserved for existing Skybreaker owners (those who got the kit back in Jan, prod recall)
- 67 registrations on the GTP site (fella members waiting list). Those are also reserved.

That is something like 84 kits gone right there. Just hope that from those 67 registered fellas a few will change their mind lollll If so then I think we might have something like 20-25 kits left over to play with. Crazy stuff :/

I am seriously thinking about taking my good mate Andy's advise here and manufacturing a few hundreds of those. Andy wants to crack on with 250 units (additional to those 100) and sell them using ecommerce platform like eBay and Amazon. He has been bugging me for this since 2 (two) full months now :/

Andy's vision: "The SkyBreaker should be standard equipment for the Boxster 986" lolllll I am starting to think that he was right all that time. It is a nice little kit after all... light, cheap, way too easy to install, looks good!

We'll see.... tempting. Let's start with what I owe you fellas first. Andy next LOLLL
Old 04-21-2015, 03:11 AM   #466

Quote:
Sort of.

Stupid answer sorry.... I'm just a little upset that I've planned on making so many and, from the look of it, we'll run-out again.

Out of 100 professionally coated panels, we have so far:

- 17 reserved for existing Skybreaker owners (those who got the kit back in Jan, prod recall)
- 67 registrations on the GTP site (fella members waiting list). Those are also reserved.

That is something like 84 kits gone right there. Just hope that from those 67 registered fellas a few will change their mind lollll If so then I think we might have something like 20-25 kits left over to play with. Crazy stuff :/

I am seriously thinking about taking my good mate Andy's advise here and manufacturing a few hundreds of those. Andy wants to crack on with 250 units (additional to those 100) and sell them using ecommerce platform like eBay and Amazon. He has been bugging me for this since 2 (two) full months now :/

Andy's vision: "The SkyBreaker should be standard equipment for the Boxster 986" lolllll I am starting to think that he was right all that time. It is a nice little kit after all... light, cheap, way too easy to install, looks good!

We'll see.... tempting. Let's start with what I owe you fellas first. Andy next LOLLL
That Andy is a smart fella. The SkyBreaker is an amazing accessory that all Boxsters should have. Looks beauty on my ride. You could even expand and do ones for the 987's and 981's and really go to town!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
That Andy is a smart fella. The SkyBreaker is an amazing accessory that all Boxsters should have. Looks beauty on my ride. You could even expand and do ones for the 987's and 981's and really go to town!
Thank you Giller!!!

Some inspirational material for Fred. The unofficial Skybreaker theme song

andyrossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #468

OK, you guys wore me down! I put my name on the list today. Amber to go in my Speed Yellow Box in Canada. Back to you, Fred!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrossa View Post
The unofficial Skybreaker theme song
oh no nonono.... this can't be seriously happening..... not your dubbysteppy thing again :/

You give the guy a set of bright & shinny VIP passes for this year's 2015 Shanghai Auto Show and look what he does.... reveals one (out of our many other) theme song. Mm mm mm mad...ness

You WIN man, I'll make those 200'ish kits for you (June). There, its official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace River View Post
OK, you guys wore me down! I put my name on the list today. Amber to go in my Speed Yellow Box in Canada. Back to you, Fred!
Now that Wallace IS inspirational. Speed yellow car with amber deflector. You are so ON mate, can't wait to see this thx!
Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 AM   #470

Wind deflector

Ok,

New top with glass installed this week. Leather installed on a cpl of spots that had lost the cheap plastic wood grain in the interior. Passenger seat in garage awaiting renewal with leather reconditioning kit from leatherworldtech.com. Next, the driver seat and some spots on the doors for reconditioning. So when I finish this work, and shampooing carpet, what better way to make it look whole than the sky breaker. Signed up for the email alert on the website and can't wait. I love the DIY section of this site. I'll try to post before and after pics of the seats when I finish.

By the way, mine is 2001 arctic silver with 92k miles, base model. I'm a 64 yr old retired geezer with a new hobby!!!!!!
022520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #471

Garage
Any word on availability for the next round of orders?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
Any word on availability for the next round of orders?
Tony - you are harassing me loll they'll be ONLINE and ready for grab in exactly 15 days!!! I'm assembling them atm

But since you've been asking me since MkI I'm happy to send you a kit before anyone else. I kept 5 spare PWM kits from the MKI batch just in case some failed (none did fortunately!). So.... one of those spare kit, with the newly coated window and you should be set for a few summers mate.

I'll do an exception for you and ship one out this coming week if you want. Let me know what design you want and I'll laser this for you bro
Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 AM   #473

Garage
Cool deal. Boxster S for me. White and red light strips. Let me know where to send the money, and how much.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
Cool deal. Boxster S for me. White and red light strips. Let me know where to send the money, and how much.
Done deal. I'll get that shipped to you this coming Monday or latest Tuesday. Pay later mate, gives me a chance to harass you too lollll

Same price Tony $155. I think I get those out cheaper for those who've purchased a projector kit from either me or Pelican (20% off). Got to be grateful sometimes
Old 05-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #475

Quote:
Tony - you are harassing me loll they'll be ONLINE and ready for grab in exactly 15 days!!! I'm assembling them atm

But since you've been asking me since MkI I'm happy to send you a kit before anyone else. I kept 5 spare PWM kits from the MKI batch just in case some failed (none did fortunately!). So.... one of those spare kit, with the newly coated window and you should be set for a few summers mate.

I'll do an exception for you and ship one out this coming week if you want. Let me know what design you want and I'll laser this for you bro

15 days.......Just added an alert on my iPhone calendar!:dance:
doctorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #476
Toppy

Garage
I'm on the notification list, how ever I will book mark my colander as well, it's my birthday present for myself, so I dont want to miss out
Old 05-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #477

Garage
Oh well - I guess Fred's number of reserved just went up one. I added myself to the notification list. Time add to the GT Projectors.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #478

Uh-oh! Ok, I'll send a quick note to you guys on the list (by email) a few days before it goes live just to make sure others don't snap your kits loll Advanced notice type thing
Old 05-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #479

Wind Deflector

Hi Fred , Lee from Melville NY. I bought a headlight kit and Porsche wheel covers from you last year. Wondering if am I still on your list? I love your products ! Lee
Leebherron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebherron View Post
Hi Fred , Lee from Melville NY. I bought a headlight kit and Porsche wheel covers from you last year. Wondering if am I still on your list? I love your products ! Lee
Both lists mate The good friend list and the who-purchased-projectors list. And I love your guards red with red projectors & center caps... I never get fed-up to see the pics in my folder here from time to time