Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

ECU Hack, Fuel Map Alteration, O2 Delete

I've searched quite extensively on this all over and have came up pretty empty handed.

I would like to hack my ECU, play with my fuel maps, and delete the O2's. Anyone know what software package I will need to do this?

bravosd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #2

I dont think there are any folks giving up that secret as the ones that have are protecting their commercial products.

Ive been looking too.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Reebuck1

Garage
I've been looking for a while also with no luck. If you find something please let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks for the post !!
Reebuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #4

Ya, that makes since. I just want to delete the two aft O2's. And leave the forward banks. I'm doing to give it a crack myself when I get the software and usb to OBDII plug. I just don't know what program is compatible with our ECU.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosd6 View Post
Ya, that makes since. I just want to delete the two aft O2's. And leave the forward banks. I'm doing to give it a crack myself when I get the software and usb to OBDII plug. I just don't know what program is compatible with our ECU.
PSTII will push a ROW tune to eliminate the aft O2 sensors. Off road use only in Commiefornia though. Street cars with ROW tune are subject to impound. Ain't it cool!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
PSTII will push a ROW tune to eliminate the aft O2 sensors. Off road use only in Commiefornia though. Street cars with ROW tune are subject to impound. Ain't it cool!
Do you have a pst2? Thats good too know. Now I just need to know where and how to get my hands on one. It looks hard to find and expensive, which defeats my purpose lol.

Seems like theres no damn way around paying a grand for a tune on these cars.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Do you have a pst2? Thats good too know. Now I just need to know where and how to get my hands on one. It looks hard to find and expensive, which defeats my purpose lol.

And that would be a grand wasted as most aftermarket re flashed system add little if anything to how the car performs. Do a search, been covered many times.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Not entirely true

Anyone (Indy) with a OBDII interface reader can download your current ECU's map (using k-line protocol, or CAN, forgot) and this map can be saved onto a hard disk locally as a file. Check with the local Japanese drifter crowd in your area, they all have those OBD readers if yourself or your Indy doen't have it!

Once you got the map out, there a few tuner in Europe who can map fuel/air ratio based on your requirement (ambient temp, exhaust size/system, etc). Of course they also get rid of all the compliance stuff the manufacturer puts in place (emission this and that). Once completed, they just resend the modified map to you by email and your Indy upload it back to the car. Unplug the battery for 30 min, plug, start the car and have plenty of fun.

Did that on mine almost two years ago and it went pretty smooth. Used a tuner based in the UK forget the name of these guys. But there are many out there at the moment. Don't think you will gain more than 10%, or 15% more power if lucky.

Range between $100~150. You can opt for mods only one time during the following 24hrs for free. But after that, you need to pay another $150 for a new map.

If interested I'll do the research on who did it for me and PM your their contact.

hope this helps
Old 09-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #9

Just an example. See porsche-boxster-228 Remapping | Ecu Remapping, Remapping, Remapping, vehicle remapping, ecu remap, ecu remapping, Remap, Engine Remap, Remapped, Chiptuning, Chip Tuning, Car remap, Ecu remap, Ecu chip, Engine remap, car tuning Custom Remap

I haven't used these guys... really forgot who did mine but it wasn't them. Anyway, you get the idea. Many in the USA offer this same service and it's not too much $.

I know you are trying to change it yourself. I am just throwing an option to you if, like myself, you've installed a performance exhaust system and "stuck" with the manufacturer map for instance.