Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #1

Installing GT3 seats - overview of options and hardware needed

OK,

I recently upgraded to GT3 seats and got totally confused as which Brey-Krause adapters to order (and of course I ordered the wrong ones)
So I thought I put this little overview together. This is not a DIY, it's just a summary of what to order. All links and part numbers arr for the driver's seat, Please note that you need to order different sidemounts for driver and passenger seat due to the placement of the seat belt buckle.

Configuration A) Mount the seat directly to the floor
(this gives you the most headroom, but the seat obviously is bolted to the floor and does not move forward or backward. Also due to the low clearance it is a major pain in the butt to tighter the fasteners in the back of the seat)

Option a)
Floormount (with integrated sub bar): Brey-Krause R-9044 Floor Mounting Assembly with Integrated Sub-Bar
Sidemounts: Brey-Krause R-9079 Side Mount Brackets for GT3 Race Seat

Option b)
Floormount: Brey-Krause R-9042 Seat Track Adapter Kit for Sparco
Sidemountt: Brey-Krause R-9080 Porsche GT3 and GT3R Tow Hook
Sub-bar: Brey-Krause R-9031 Anti-Sub Strap Mount for the R-908X Series Side Mounts (only needed if you plan to use 5 or 6 point harnesses)

Configuration B) Mount seat on the sliders from your OEM seats
(obviously you need to separate the sliders from the OEM seat(s) first). You loose about 1" of headroom but the seat slides back and forth and it's muuuuuuuch easier to install
Sidemount: Brey-Krause R-9079 Side Mount Brackets for GT3 Race Seat
Sub-bar: Brey-Krause R-9030 Anti-Sub Strap Mount for 996 and Boxster (only needed if you plan to use 5 or 6 point harnesses)

2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote