Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

jack stand interface/pad

Yes I did a search on this but not really happy with anything I found.

What is everyone using between their jack stands and jacking points so as not to mar the small jack points? The two shapes dont match at all. I was thinking of cutting a slot in the old hockey puck and putting it over the jack stand jaw....but this seems a little mushy and unstable

Any thoughts?

jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #2

Hockey pucks work just fine. They bend, but can take the punishment just fine. I got some fresh ones from the Avalanche. . . turns out they won't be needing them anytime soon!

TRawls
TRawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #3

Do you just sit the puck on the top of the jack stand?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #4

Hockey pucks for me...I just place them on top of the stands and they work fine.

Hopefully the Blackhawks will continue to need theirs, so you'll have to source them elsewhere!
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Hockey pucks for me...I just place them on top of the stands and they work fine.

Hopefully the Blackhawks will continue to need theirs, so you'll have to source them elsewhere!
Been waiting for (and called) a Hawks-Pens series before this season even started. Oh Pens in 6. (Pgh'er here)

... and thanks for the clarification
Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #6

I modified four jackstands just for this reason. I welded about a 3"x3" flat plate to the top, then a 1-1/2" piece of pipe to that. Picture the top of the jackstand as a flat plate with a small piece of pipe sticking up that "plugs" into the jack point. The top of the plate is padded with a piece of rubber conveyor belt material. Safe, stable, and it can't slip. Too bad I don't have anything to put on top of them anymore!
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #7

Yes....I was thinking along those lines but don't have acces to a welder...........not sure I want to permanently alter the jack stand either.

I am suprised the hockey puck swork that well. I was going to aleast slot them and push them on the jack stand jaws.

jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote