Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #1

Wire routing from rear luggage compartment

I have just fitted a rear parking sensor kit (electromagnetic type that fits inside the bumper). I need to run a wire to the cabin for the buzzer, does anyone know an easy way of getting from the rear boot to the interior? Preferable down the left side?
Grateful for any clues,
Thanks
Richard

Old 08-19-2008, 03:10 AM   #2

Sorted!

For future reference, there is a relatively straightforward route from the boot(trunk) made possible by removing the engine intake grill (the same one where the snorkel sits). This gives access to the inside of the wing and there is a small gap above the wheelarch giving access to the boot.
I have my son to thank for that one!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #3

under the high level rear brake light you will find a cut out inside the boot, on the other side of this in the engine compartment there is also a cut out, just behind the sound deadening next to the catch for the reef realease, its not perfectly lined up but i have just thredded the wire for my parking sensor buzzer through there, have then run it through the passanger side under the carpet and stuck it with 3m to the underside of the roll bar
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicharTT
I have just fitted a rear parking sensor kit (electromagnetic type that fits inside the bumper). I need to run a wire to the cabin for the buzzer, does anyone know an easy way of getting from the rear boot to the interior? Preferable down the left side?
Grateful for any clues,
Thanks
Richard
Hi All.
Same sort of question but for the front Boot/Trunk, Ive put day time running lights on and need to run a wire to a dash board switch, anyone know of a route from the front ?
Thanks
Steve

Guvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

Nice lights. Where did you get them ?

newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote