Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #21

Thanks

He must be really good, from my understanding to crack into the Porsche code is pretty difficult. Your lucky having him nearby.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
Thanks

He must be really good, from my understanding to crack into the Porsche code is pretty difficult. Your lucky having him nearby.

No problem, give them a shout. They are some of the most talented guys I've come across in the business.
SRQ Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #23

was it hard to install the headers?
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #24

I'll answer for my recent experience. First, it should take maybe two hours, a simple and straightforward project. But as with all exhaust projects there is room for difficulty because of the heat everything has been subjected to over the years. Head bolts don't want to come out, pipe clamps won't budge, joints won't seperate...you know the story.

But if you are prepared ahead of time it should be easy. Have a means to drive out the four studs that are pressed into the three-hole flange. I used a vice and an oversized socket - no problem.

Then have a propane tourch to heat the headbolts for easier removal. And some WD40 to soak other fasteners.

Finally when you get the old manifold off use it, and the stock gasket, as a template to make sure your header holes are exact. And again be prepared to drill a bit if needed.

So if you are prepared as above it's not a bad job.

Kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote