Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 AM   #1

more painted console pics

here are pictures of things that were painted plus the rear light and 986 badge modifications. i was kind of rushed on the painting due to me wanting to see it in the car as soon as possible and let go of little blemishes. since i know it looks pretty cool with silver trims, i might redue some of the impert pieces again when i have some time. but pretty happy with how most of the paint job turned out.

spark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:54 AM   #2

Awsome job on the console. Did you have to remove it to paint it? If so was it hard?
lancelot092466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Good job, looks like you skiped afew things though... like the ashtray and windows switch housing. I see you went with the 986 emblem on the rear, nice touch but its alittle too high as far as placement.

Look how close mine is to the spoiler, same distance as the original Boxster emblem.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #4

lancelot: thanks for the comment. everything was removed for painting purposes and i found a way to do it through searching this forum. i can't stop myself from saying how awesome and helpful this forum is. removing and installing trims and console were rather easy with boxster especially when you can download the manual. i got this link from previous posting here: http://www.porscheteam.nl/werkplaats/handboeken/handboeken.html

CJ: i actually painted the ash tray glossy black. i was testing out how black highlights would work with silver console. it worked nicely with center vent area but not for the ash tray. i'll probably repaint it to silver soon.
as far as 986 badge, i removed the boxster badge before i got 986 and wasn't sure which height it was supposed to be. i was just concentrating on centering it and ended up little high. i might lower it and paint it chrome if i decide to reposition it. btw, your signiture picture was my motivation for going with 986.
spark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark00
lancelot: thanks for the comment. everything was removed for painting purposes and i found a way to do it through searching this forum. i can't stop myself from saying how awesome and helpful this forum is. removing and installing trims and console were rather easy with boxster especially when you can download the manual. i got this link from previous posting here: http://www.porscheteam.nl/werkplaats/handboeken/handboeken.html

CJ: i actually painted the ash tray glossy black. i was testing out how black highlights would work with silver console. it worked nicely with center vent area but not for the ash tray. i'll probably repaint it to silver soon.
as far as 986 badge, i removed the boxster badge before i got 986 and wasn't sure which height it was supposed to be. i was just concentrating on centering it and ended up little high. i might lower it and paint it chrome if i decide to reposition it. btw, your signiture picture was my motivation for going with 986.
if you reposition the 986 badge, make sure to check your kerning. the number spacing is too wide. looks weird.
humara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #6

My previous boxster I had was a red one the dealer painted the center console, the roll bars and the roll bar screens for me, they also did the center console on my yellow 911 , I'll pop a few pics in here more pics at http://www.pteam.net/cars.html

Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote