Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #1

2003 Boxster S for sale

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site but a long time follower/ reader.
I'm letting go of my 2003 986S. I am willing to bet there's not a cleaner 03 with this few miles on it (19,xxx) in the country. I'm asking $19,500 or best offer for it.
The car is completely stock and has been kept in my garage under a car cover, heck it's never been in the rain.
It's silver with black interior with a 6 speed manual. I cant upload photos from my phone for some reason but can email them to you.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by Sooner Porsche; 06-09-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Change in price
Sooner Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Sounds like a great, low mileage, clean car.

None of my business and I'm not in the market, but...
I think I saw your Craigslist ad and I've seen better ads for a $1,500 1993 Civic.

Put that poor car in some light and show it off:
Shine of the paint, clean lines of the body, clarity of the headlights, glisten of the supple leather....
Brag to us about maintenance:
How often the oil has been changed, what tires are on it now? (not the original 2003 tires I hope)
Has the water pump been replaced? Some parts wear with age regardless of miles...
"All original paper work is available" Does this mean the docs from the original sale at the dealership, or what has been done since?

Not trying to be an @-hole. It's just a slow day at the office and thought I might help you to do better.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #3

Ha. Yeah that's my posting as for being offended, absolutely not.
Yes I can get some cleaner pics up and will, that posting was put together pretty quick. As for the paper work I meant all the ownership paper work from the dealer. The car has had regular mainenance and when I say all original equipment, it's just that. The car is exactly how it came from the dealer, tires included. What's interesting about that is it shows the car has been treated very well, there is no dry rotting on the tires and the tread wear looks brand new.

The only thing that has been replaced is the battery and it's only two months old. It's a guaranteed cream puff.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #4

So, I have to ask, why did you buy it and never drive it?
professorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #5

Those 18" Carrera Lite wheels are optional, desirable, and should be emphasized in your ad.

The 13 yr old tires should not be emphasized. They should be replaced regardless of how good they look.

GLWS
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #6

I've just been too busy with life and work and now more than anything else it is just consuming garage space. So time to let it go.

Appreciate the heads up in the wheels.

Here's my craigslist posting with photos.
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5583605029.html

Thanks

Last edited by Sooner Porsche; 05-27-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #7

Updated photos

I updated the photos again. Took advantage of the cloudless day. She's a beaut! I could use some more reccomendations on key things to add to the posting. Thanks
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster S
Old 05-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #8
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Porsche View Post
I updated the photos again. Took advantage of the cloudless day. She's a beaut! I could use some more reccomendations on key things to add to the posting. Thanks
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster S
Good job with the photo update, the car looks great. At your price range, expect an informed buyer to ask for a PPI and expect to haggle over some possible flaws even though it's super low mileage and looks great.
From your update, Hope you don't mind:

GLWS
Old 05-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Good job with the photo update, the car looks great. At your price range, expect an informed buyer to ask for a PPI and expect to haggle over some possible flaws even though it's super low mileage and looks great.
From your update, Hope you don't mind:

GLWS
Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #10

I'm dropping the price on my 2003 986 S to $19,500- that's almost $1 per mile for the car. current odometer reading is 19,122 miles.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #11

Nice car!! Good luck with the sale. Put it on the PCA website and CarGuru's. I got a lot of response for those websites when selling mine (sold in a less then a week) and they are both free. Good luck.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #12

Still have this little beaut for sale. I'm willing to negotiate the price for best offer. I've also got the immaculate CarFax if anyone wants to see it as well.
Quote:
I'm dropping the price on my 2003 986 S to $19,500- that's almost $1 per mile for the car. current odometer reading is 19,122 miles.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #13
On the slippery slope

Garage
It is a beautiful car, but low low mileage is not necessarily a good thing.

From what I have read, garage queens often have more problems with things like IMSB than cars that have been driven a bit.

How often was the oil changed?

I hope you get your price
GLWS
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
It is a beautiful car, but low low mileage is not necessarily a good thing.

From what I have read, garage queens often have more problems with things like IMSB than cars that have been driven a bit.

How often was the oil changed?

I hope you get your price
GLWS
Agree here. You can state regular maintenance, but "regular porsche maintenance" means 15000 mile oil changes and if you went by the book none of your major services would've been completed yet. It's cause for concern until you clear up what you mean.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #15

Oil change every 3000 with synthetic and oil filter, original owner had air filters changed but other than that, that's the only service maintenance performed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraupp View Post
Agree here. You can state regular maintenance, but "regular porsche maintenance" means 15000 mile oil changes and if you went by the book none of your major services would've been completed yet. It's cause for concern until you clear up what you mean.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #16
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Oil change every 3000 with synthetic and oil filter, original owner had air filters changed but other than that, that's the only service maintenance performed.
so that equals 1 oil change about every 2 years. That's a long time for oil sitting, especially if it was not driven at least a little hard and enough to get the oil hot and burn off the crap in it. Sitting it can get acidic and that is not good.
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #17

Lmao. You guys are something else. This is an opinion forum and you're entitled to yours, right or wrong. Too many miles, too little miles, needs oil changed every 15,000 miles, but the every 3,000 miles is to few, garage queens are bad and it needs to be drove hard......
I'm done with this back and forth, it will sale and it will make someone a very very nice car. I can guarantee there is not another 2003 986S in this condition for sale in the US. I know because I've looked. Again thanks for the replies (opinions).
Old 07-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Lmao. You guys are something else. This is an opinion forum and you're entitled to yours, right or wrong. Too many miles, too little miles, needs oil changed every 15,000 miles, but the every 3,000 miles is to few, garage queens are bad and it needs to be drove hard......
I'm done with this back and forth, it will sale and it will make someone a very very nice car. I can guarantee there is not another 2003 986S in this condition for sale in the US. I know because I've looked. Again thanks for the replies (opinions).
Bravo! Well said
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #19

Quote:
That's just your opinion

GLWS
Old 07-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #20

This is a really nice car and will make someone really happy. The 03-04 are my favorite 986's.

The first thing I would do as a buyer is replace the IMS (just did it on my 03 Carrera) but that's just me and it would not stop me from considering this car.

You may want to post the car to something better then Craigslist as it seems to draw mainly bottom feeders looking for a killer deal. Try PCA's website, Excellence or Cargurus. I sold my Boxster in a matter of days for what I consider top dollar with multiple serious buyers vying for the car. Speaking of the IMS, mine being done and having some miles on it since the work was completed was a big plus. At this point virtually everyone is in the know about the IMS even those new to Porsche (I had a 18 year female buyer asking me about it).

Good luck.

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
986s for sale