Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2022, 09:26 AM   #1

Garage
FS 1999 Boxster Manual - 127K miles, $8,500

Up for sale is my 1999 Porsche Boxster 5spd manual. Car has 126,xxx Miles and is being driven every other day as a second vehicle. Located in Sicklerville, New Jersey.

I have owned this car for about 6 months and bought it with a cracked head. I've had the motor completely replaced with a perfect condition used engine from another 99 Boxster with the same mileage. (Receipts attached) It was done by https://www.provostmotorsports.com/ a pca certified Porsche shop that almost exclusively works on these cars.

Car also have 4 brand new 02 sensors, new serpentine belt, new Oil and oil filter, new air filter, new oil fill tube, new coolant expansion tank, new power steering fluid, new AC Refrigerant, New OEM Porsche Coolant, and a new Bleeder Valve!

The car runs and drives excellent, with zero mechanical or functional issues EVERYTHING works perfectly. The only problems it has are cosmetic (paint on bumpers). Top works smoothly spoiler raises and lowers, clutch feels smooth, AC blows cold and has no check engine or warning lights.
Paint looks pretty good for a nearly 20 year old car, no fade, just a few rock chips as you’d expect from a 20 year old car. A good bumper respray and paint correction would have it looking mint. But looks good as is.

Car is mostly stock, but has a few tasteful mods which I’ll list below as well as many additional items which I’ll include with the car.
Starting on the exterior, the car has clear side markers instead of orange (old ones included) and LED headlight bulbs instead of standard halogen to give it a more modern appearance. I also applied a 15% tint to the front windows which I can remove on request for free.

Inside the previous owner installed a new VDO Continental European Style head unit with Bluetooth and iPhone USB support along with upgraded dash speakers that sound great. A reverse cam was also installed as a replacement to the rear view mirror. It takes a bit to get used to but its actually pretty cool.
There was also a short shift kit installed to make the shifter feel much more solid I prefer the feel compared to stock and wish I had it in my Boxster.

Here are the only problems the car has and they're all minor. The Seats have cracks and wear and tear on the bolsters like is typical on these cars. The rear bumper needs to be repainted one was cracked so I replaced it and wrapped it silver but it should be painted for a better color match. The car might need rotors as they sometimes squeak (I did pads). Will eventually need tires too. Those are the only cons this car has.

Car includes two OEM key fobs that all functions work on and the original valet key! The factory radio and a copy of the popular 101 projects for your Porsche Boxster book. Car has the owners manual and factory tool kit too.

Its very nice, I looked around at other listings and its by far the most well maintained for the price. $8500 obo

Name:  20220414_170040.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:  20220414_165716.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  150.4 KB

Name:  20220422_162748.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  134.2 KB

Name:  20220421_152535.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  179.5 KB