Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2021, 09:59 PM   #1
ISSIMI

2000 Boxster S Manual

Hey all,

Well I decided to list my silver Boxster for sale too along with my Guards red and whichever sells first I'm keeping the other. Or i rather keep both. Really depends on what my finances are in 3 months. Trying to move to Texas soon!

2000 Boxster S
6 speed
112k miles
Clean title

Asking $9500
The car has never given me any issues other than the pressure plate not fully disengaging, leading to difficult shifts. This was fixed after replacing the clutch/flywheel.

Items I've replaced/done during my ownership.
- Clutch/flywheel (OEM porsche parts)
- Glass roof
- 997 throttle body and plenum
- Custom aluminum airbox
- Short throw shifter
- full exhaust (still have stock manifolds/bypass/muffler)
- Mahle Fuel filter, NGK spark plugs, 180 degree thermostat, updated .04 radiator cap and oil piston spring.
- Switchs to manual turn on engine/front radiator fams( All fuse/relay taps. No cutting of the harness)
- MY03-04 Rear bumper
- Sparco pro 2000 drivers seat BK auto rails/stock sliders

I want to keep the Cayman spoiler and clear tailights for my guards red though (will revert to stock spoiler and amber tails)

The only CEL that pops up over time is o2 sensor related due to the headers.

I've removed the radio, door airbags and door/dash/rear speakers and amp. Harnesses are all still there. Double din console replaces where the equalizer would be. I still have all the stock airbags and audio parts except the radio and rear speaker/storage.

The front carpet is currently removed. During the last rain here in the bay I noticed the carpet was damp due to the drains on the pass side being clogged. Drivers side was dry and immobilizer is fine. I removed the carpet to dry fully.

Doesn't have a passenger seat. Intended to put another Sparco in and can supply the brackets and seat belt receptacle for potential buyer willing to do so.

I'm willing to negotiate further if buyer agrees to swap headers and smog themselves. I'll inform you on the smog station i go to that always passed me in the past(legitimate pass). Last smog done was in April this year.

For any questions PM me or ask for my number to chat. I'd really like to sell to someone on the forums before posting on craigs. Test drives to those who show proof of funds.

I'll have more pics up tomorrow!

Last edited by Most_Wanted; 12-08-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Most_Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
ISSIMI

Old 12-08-2021, 05:40 PM   #3
ISSIMI

Recent pics, after washing some of the dirt off. Also i forgot to mention an issue is the drivers side window has an intermittent problem where the window wont stay down after the door has be open. To close the door properly you have to partially open the door handle to get the window to drop, than close. Still don't know whats exactly is causing this.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:32 AM   #4
ISSIMI

Postponed for now. will update

Last edited by Most_Wanted; 08-28-2023 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2023, 04:13 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I just sent you a message about the car. I have a friend on another forum that is very interested in it, but he is not on the 986 Forum and can't reply to your ad. You can either contact him with the phone number I sent or I can relay info if you PM me back. Thanks
Old 08-24-2023, 12:11 PM   #6
ISSIMI

Cool, I'll send him a message.