Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #1

FS: '99 Arctic Silver with blown head - $1,200

I'm selling my 1999 Boxster with about 130,000 miles in northern NJ. I believe the driver side head is either cracked or has a blown head gasket. The car runs but pours antifreeze out of the tailpipe (My expansion tank cracked and the car quickly overheated).

Otherwise, the car is in good shape. It has a new expansion tank! I've highlighted the ding on the driver door and the chipped paint on the front bumper in the pictures. I've taken very good care of the car and can provide maintenance records. I'm the third owner: My father bought it new, sold it to his friend, and that friend sold it to me.

The interior is mostly complete: I don't have the original shift knob and boot (though I installed a short shift kit) and the visors were completely shot so I made new ones. I upgraded the stereo and added a backup camera. You'll see the mirror-shaped display on the dash. The sale also includes the Bentley Manual and 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster (worth a few hundred bucks by themselves).

Last edited by CaptSlow; 11-06-2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added pictures and updated description
CaptSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:41 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSlow View Post
I'm selling my 1999 Boxster with about 130,000 miles in northern NJ. I believe the driver side head is either cracked or has a blown head gasket. The car runs but pours antifreeze out of the tailpipe (My expansion tank cracked and the car quickly overheated).

Otherwise, the car is in good shape. It has a new expansion tank! I've highlighted the ding on the driver door and the chipped paint on the front bumper in the pictures. I've taken very good care of the car and can provide maintenance records. I'm the third owner: My father bought it new, sold it to his friend, and that friend sold it to me.

The interior is mostly complete: I don't have the original shift knob and boot (though I installed a short shift kit) and the visors were completely shot so I made new ones. I upgraded the stereo and added a backup camera. You'll see the mirror-shaped display on the dash. The sale also includes the Bentley Manual and 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster (worth a few hundred bucks by themselves).

I’m interested what part of nj are you in. I’m in south but can drive up to see it and get it towed back. Does it have a clean title
CharlesE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:17 AM   #3

Finally, clear pics of the VDO Continental unit installed on a 986. How do you like the stereo compared to the stock one?

Sorry for the OT question
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #4

Yeah, it's brilliant. I don't know that it sounds any different than the stock unit, but no sticky knobs and peeling plastic!
Old 11-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #5

I'm in Allendale, NJ. Yes, it has a clean title.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Are those the window switches next to the HVAC controls? What switches do you have on the center console?
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Even with the engine problem that's a lot of car for $1,200. GLWS
Old 11-08-2021, 08:32 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
I'm in Allendale, NJ. Yes, it has a clean title.
Message sent. Will be picking it up this week
CharlesE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #9

Sold 11/10/21