Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #1

1998 Boxster Sold

1998 986 Boxster Base 43,700 miles. Standard. All stock. Asking $8000. Open to help with accurate pricing. Located in Maine.

The good:
I would call the interior nearly perfect, only flaw is that the driver's seat left bolster is worn, probably from leaning against it while getting in/out of the seat.
Starts, runs, drives well. Clutch seems strong.
AC is strong, Everything electric works, windows, seat, top, spoiler, ect.
Most common issues on Boxsters addressed: New electric portion of ignition switch, new Air Oil Separator, new MAF, new brake booster (and fluid flush) rear window replaced. Intake cleaned, Plugs/coils in good condition.
To my knowledge, the 97-99 Boxsters have dual row IMS bearing, which do not have a significant failure rate like other years.

The bad:
Passenger window regulator makes a grinding noise, but that's a reasonably cheap part and easy enough to replace when it fails.

The ugly:
The exterior has normal wear for a driven car. Looks good from 5' back, but there are a few small scratches or chips all around. The worst being a scratch in the finder, pictured.
The trunk, and both rear fenders have hail damage or something similar. Almost impossible to get a picture of, but if you catch the right reflection or run your hand over it you can see and feel the bumpy/waviness. Paint is in good condition though. Left brake light is chipped at the corner.
One of the rims is missing the center Porsche logo.
Rebuilt title. I assume it was totaled because of the hail damage, I do not see any evidence of any accident or repair on the car.

Last edited by TangoBravoNovember; 09-28-2021 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Sold
TangoBravoNovember is offline   Reply With Quote