Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

Garage
2000 Boxster S FS - Wake Forest NC

Selling my beloved 2000 S: time to let it go to a new home. Here are a few highlights:

-Excellent condition 2000 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with Graphite Grey interior
-3.2 flat six, 6 speed
-37,5XX miles
-Bose sound system, OBC enabled, heated seats, PS, PW, PB, Spoiler “up” indicator, Alpine receiver w/ Bluetooth & mic for phone calls, etc.
-Ashtray delete kit installed
-Litronics
-IMS bearing replaced with LN Engineering bearing (by Porsche Southpoint near Durham, NC) in May of 2016
-LN Engineering spin on oil filter adapter
-Replaced windshield in July 2016
-Michelin Pilot Sports (4) installed in May, 2016; I picked up a nail in the sidewall of one of the rear tires in 2019, and replaced both rear tires at that point
-Custom center caps and edge-lit wind deflector (from forum member NineEightSix)
-New AGM battery installed in August, 2015
-Everything works. No issues.

Top is in good condition, with some fogging where the window folds. When I bought the Boxster I started replacing and updating components to make the car as reliable and as nice as possible: new Porsche water pump, low temp thermostat, Porsche coolant, fuel filter, trunk struts, frunk struts, wiper blades, side marker lights, convertible top push rod ball sockets, DEPO tail lights, relocated emergency frunk release cable to tow hook location, bled the brakes, pulled front bumper cover and cleaned the radiators, new fuel cap, new gearbox oil, new coolant expansion tank cap, spark plugs, plug tube O-Rings, etc etc etc

This car is not perfect but is very, very clean. People are amazed when I tell them it’s a 2000. I drove it from Wake Forest to Murrells Inlet, SC (200 mi each way) about a month ago and it ran like an absolute champ including segments on I-95.

Car includes old tail lights (perfect), spare coolant expansion tank, 101 Projects book, shop manual, original radio (CDR 220), a car cover and numerous small parts. Also included: full Owners Manual & literature, window sticker and the car’s FULL SERVICE HISTORY and receipts from Day 1.

Price: $14,000. Message me with any questions or for additional photos.

Attached Images

Old 05-28-2021, 03:34 AM   #2

Garage
Rear tires were replaced last year, not in 2019. When the IMS bearing was replaced, I had a 3 pc Fuchs clutch kit installed.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2021, 05:43 AM   #3

Wow gorgeous car. Never seen those fake center lock wheel caps, had me for a sec! I might be interested depending on logistics of shipping to Quebec and negotiability of the price.
studentwhocantbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #4

You have a great looking S! I’d like to talk to you about it. Please send me a pm with a number and I’ll reach out to you.

Thanks
Jesse
Jmachac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:30 PM   #5

Garage
Sale is pending.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #6

Garage
Car is SOLD, enjoying her new family in Virginia.