Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2021, 10:04 AM   #1

04 Boxster S in Baltimore, MD

Hi all,

Was great being a part of this forum and owning this car. However, work has gotten too busy for me to own a boxster.

Motivated seller looking to sell my clean titled 04 Atlas Gray Porsche Boxster S with 180k miles for $SOLD. I've owned it since Dec 2018 when I purchased it with 174k miles on the odo. Was a grad student and was unable to find the time to drive it much. Car was stored in a personal enclosed garage space throughout.

VIN: WP0CB29834U660477

I've tried my best to take care of the vehicle with the following work done:
1. Replaced front pads/rotors/sensors (self, feb 2019)
2. Rear axle boots were professionally replaced by an axle company based in MD. Unfortunately they didn't use the porsche boots I bought, and the boots are slightly torn (shop, feb 2019)
3. Passenger side rear lower control arm + alignment (self, feb 2019)
4. New front trunk supports which will need replacement after the accident (self, feb 2019)
5. Low tone horn replacement (self, june 2019)
6. New engine air and cabin air filter (self, may 2019)
7. Unyellowed headlights (self, may 2019
8. Oil change, oil filter, added magnets to filter cover, similar to post #35 in this thread My take on the Magnetic Oil Filter Housing. (self, june 2019)
9. Replace transmission fluid (self, june 2019)
10. Replaced 6x spark plugs, 6x coil packs. Old coil packs had cracks (self, aug 2019)
11. GBox 2nd gear indent for transmission (self, aug 2019)
12. 987 shifter and shift knob with custom grey leather wrapping and shift boot to match interior (self, aug 2019)
13. Tastefully added grey leather covering to side armrests (self, aug 2019)
14. Console delete (in progress, never got to finish it)
15. Dashcam installation
16. Rear brakes/sensors (self, feb 2020)
17. Battery replacement (self, march 2020)
18. Rear tires replacement (shop, dec 2020)

Might have had other work done that I've not kept track of. For all part replacements that were done, I've kept receipts of the parts bought from Pelican parts (I've strived to use OEM or good-brand parts for all replacements on the car). For all work done by a shop, I've kept the receipts. Probably have >5k in receipts.

During my possession, I was involved in 2 accidents. Accident 1 was a hit and run on the side view mirror which was repaired professionally (and covered by insurance). The second accident was unfortunate - I rear ended a Jeep. Because the Jeep's back tire is mounted really high, this pretty much ruined the bumper and hood, but the frame is completely fine. The damage from the 2nd accident has not been fixed.

For the 2nd accident which repairs have not been done, I've attached a quote from a shop. I didn't proceed with this because I felt like I could get the replacement parts for cheaper than what the shop was quoting.

Other information:
1. No documentation on IMS but cars of this age/mileage would have had a failure by now if the original was out of spec
2. Included in the sale are:
a. Brand new porsche OEM water pump (~$200-300) and coolant (but should be due a water pump/coolant change soon)
b. 987 heated grey leather seats, was halfway thru DIYing them to work with the 986 electronics (~$500)
c. Foxwell diagnostics tool with only this car in it (~$200?)
d. Stuff for DIY console delete as well as the original cupboards that were in the car if you wish to go that route
e. Original 986 shifter if you wish to go that route
f. Set of new trunk supports/wipers
g. Grey leather matching the shift boot/shift knob/door armrests - was gonna do it for center console armrest but had no time
h. Owner manual, original handbook etc
i. Spare tire + toolkit
3. Cosmetic condition is great. Besides the front accident and a 0.5-1" scuff on the left rear wheel well, the car has no other dings or scratches on it.
4. Airbags are good, engine is good, steering/suspension is good (car is in alignment) and there are no other modifications besides those I've listed
5. Never tracked/raced it unfortunately
6. No AOS/RMS problems to the best of my knowledge
7. Top is in good condition, no leaks, no cracks, has a rear glass window like all 04 boxster's

To save everybody's time, here's the list of everything bad with the car (to the best of my knowledge):
1. Accident of course. However, car is driveable for long distances if front hood can be latched down somehow (actually drove to MA and back post-accident)
2. Transmission is not-perfect. 2nd gear doesn't catch at low temps but catches fine when car's warm. With the gbox indent the problem doesn't appear that often. It's probably an above average transmission compared to manual cars on their original trans with 180k on the odo tbh but wanted to include this for completeness
3. Has red axle caps made by Nine8Six: Custom Center Caps for Porsche Wheel [from CAD, prototyping to finish]. However 1 of the caps have fallen off and was unable to find it
4. Front passenger headlight is missing the plastic triangular piece which its a $25 part
5. Front drivers seat has some sag (thats why I was working on replacing them with the 987 seats)

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/PzYZGbD

Last edited by shibeinboxsters; 06-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.
shibeinboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #2

Going to text you
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #3

Good to meet you. Thanks for the car.
moxnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxnix View Post
So the car has a new owner?

Congrats!
dudedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedude View Post
So the car has a new owner?

Congrats!
Yes. Thanks
moxnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxnix View Post
Was nice meeting you too, hope you enjoy the car
shibeinboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #7

love seeing a high mileage boxster! What ended up being the sale price?

drewmarc is offline   Reply With Quote