Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
WickTed

2000 boxter s for sale $10,500

103,000 miles
Guards Red convertible, 6 speed manual transmission, 3.2 L engine, Black full leather, Digital Sound package, Cruise Control, AM/FM with CD.
Upgraded IMS shaft, new belts, water pump, tires and clutch plate at 101,000 miles.
New European style convertible top still in box in trunk for your installation. Never driven north of Atlanta, Georgia.

Located in mid Florida. More pictures if requested.

WickTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

Good luck but you've got to do better than this if you want to sell your car....
Where are any interior pics or link to additional pics?
What is meant by updated IMS Shaft? I'll assume you mean IMS bearing and ask what bearing did you use? At what mileage? Receipt for work performed?
What is a European style top?
Where is car located? Why didn't you bother to clean it up a bit before taking your 1 picture?
Can't sell a car on this forum posting like this....
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #3

Hi WickTed, I'm potentially interested. Can you post or pm me more pics and receipts for the recent work? Thanks!
the law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #4
WickTed

dghii,
WOW! thanks for the positive feedback? I am the executor for my brother's estate and am trying to sell his car. IMS is Intermediate Shaft Bearing per an ad my brother placed before he died. I don't have a receipt. I understood the Porsche dealer in Atlanta did the work at 101,000 miles along with other items listed. "European top" has plastic window. The window in existing top has come unstitched. Car is in mid-Florida. Again, dghii, thanks for your kind assistance. Let me know if you have any serious interest?
Old 05-09-2021, 05:11 AM   #5
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickTed View Post
dghii,
WOW! thanks for the positive feedback? I am the executor for my brother's estate and am trying to sell his car. IMS is Intermediate Shaft Bearing per an ad my brother placed before he died. I don't have a receipt. I understood the Porsche dealer in Atlanta did the work at 101,000 miles along with other items listed. "European top" has plastic window. The window in existing top has come unstitched. Car is in mid-Florida. Again, dghii, thanks for your kind assistance. Let me know if you have any serious interest?
Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

You could do a better job selling his car if properly you marketed it. It isn't a Ford, and many of us are fairly discerning when it comes to a for-sale Porsche. If you had researched our forum before you hopped on as a first timer... you might have recognized that your original post (an advertisement) was lacking in details. A lot of them.

DG is a frequent contributor to the forum, and you should (have) heed(ed) his comments/suggestions for as executor of your brother's estate you have a fiduciary duty to get the best price you can. Maybe take DG's advice and leave the dickness to me. That's my gig.

GLWS.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #6
WickTed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

You could do a better job selling his car if properly you marketed it. It isn't a Ford, and many of us are fairly discerning when it comes to a for-sale Porsche. If you had researched our forum before you hopped on as a first timer... you might have recognized that your original post (an advertisement) was lacking in details. A lot of them.

DG is a frequent contributor to the forum, and you should (have) heed(ed) his comments/suggestions for as executor of your brother's estate you have a fiduciary duty to get the best price you can. Maybe take DG's advice and leave the dickness to me. That's my gig.

GLWS.
Starter986,
Thanks for the suggestions. I meant no affront in my reply to dgii. I am not, nor do I wish to be a Porsche enthusiast. I was appointed personal representative, and, knowing a little bit as an automobile owner, I checked the fluids, replaced the battery in my brother’s Porsche, took it to the local detailer and took some pictures (3) before taking to storage. I looked in the manuals pouch and found the manuals and his handwritten ad and this URL. I posted his ad and a picture thinking this the best place for non-Porsche enthusiasts to list for sale?
At your suggestion, I have contacted every business from Florida to Atlanta that advertises certified Porsche service to obtain evidence of the service performed (my brother would only go to certified Porsche facilities). I am headed to the storage facility to take more pictures and will provide to anyone wishing to make serious offers.
Best,
WickTed
Old 05-10-2021, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
dghii,
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. Although my post may have come off as harsh, perhaps it will help you sell your car. I honestly couldn't tell if your post was real or not.

Again, the IMS replacement is a big selling point for the car. Any written documentation you have regarding the work performed and the bearing itself will help you sell the car for top dollar.

European top is not a thing....2000 Boxsters all came with plastic windows.

Best of luck with your sale.

Last edited by dghii; 05-10-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:41 PM   #8

Is this car still available?
drewmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:33 AM   #9
WickTed

Yes, still available. Let me know if you want link to more pictures.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:23 AM   #10
PLP

Quote:
Yes, still available. Let me know if you want link to more pictures.
Sent PM.
Thanks,

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #11

Hi there, I am interested WickTed, and sorry to hear about your brother passing.

I will PM you if you haven't sold it yet.
sryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #12
PLP

It has been a week and I have not heard, so I presume sold.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:53 AM   #13
WickTed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLP View Post
It has been a week and I have not heard, so I presume sold.
Still a available. Been away for a while.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:54 AM   #14
WickTed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryan View Post
Hi there, I am interested WickTed, and sorry to hear about your brother passing.

I will PM you if you haven't sold it yet.
Still available. Been away for a while.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:09 AM   #15
cmg

2000 boxter s

where in mid fl is car located i also live in mid fl and would be interisted in seeing the car thanks this is first post hope it is ok
cmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #16
WickTed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
where in mid fl is car located i also live in mid fl and would be interisted in seeing the car thanks this is first post hope it is ok
I have sent you PM with info.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #17
WickTed

Smile re 2000 porsche boxter s SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarc View Post
Is this car still available?
Still availabl

Thanks all for your comments and interest. PORSCHE IS NOW SOLD.

Last edited by WickTed; 06-03-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: 2000 PORSCHE - SOLD