Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2020, 02:59 AM   #21

Amen to that!
My original comment was intended as a playful jab, a misinterpreted attempt at levity.
GLWS!

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:26 AM   #22
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
You talkin’ to me??

Assuming so…no, of course, I wasn’t “forced” to look at the photos. I read the named topic, thought it sounded interesting and opened the thread. Read the description of the car, then fell headlong into the photos. Looked at the first, then the second, then the third, then…well, one thing led to another, and—next thing ya know—I had looked at 46 of them (give or take—I didn’t feel like recounting a second time to be sure!). Didn’t plan it that way, it just sorta happened.

But you’re right, I wasn’t “forced” to look at them. They were there, so I saw them, then made the pretty innocuous, not particularly contentious comment (that, likewise, nobody was “forced” to read), “Nice lookin' car big guy...but I think you got your bases covered on photos.” Even trailed that with a , confirming it was delivered lightheartedly, tongue-in-cheek, devoid of malice.

But you’re right—I wasn’t “forced” to look at them. Any more than you were "forced" to make your comment about something so abundantly obvious. Tell you what: I’ll stop looking at dozens of photos of the same vehicle if you’ll stop pointing out the readily apparent. Deal?
Especially from some new girl with only 34 posts. Gotta earn your wings around here. Or, employ emojis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Guys I’d like to request that we don’t turn my for sale thread into a rather pointless argument. All is well, no big deal.
I'm done.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Especially from some new girl with only 34 posts. Gotta earn your wings around here. Or, employ emojis.

I'm done.
no need to earn wings; there's no rule about that here. more posts doesn't make you a better forum citizen. a person can have thousands of posts, but if most of what they post is bull******************** then how does post count matter?

good luck with the sale. got any pics of the supercharger? willing to sell separately?

thanks.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:46 PM   #24

I need to snap a picture of the supercharger, you can see it from below. Not willing to part it out but thanks.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
no need to earn wings; there's no rule about that here. more posts doesn't make you a better forum citizen. a person can have thousands of posts, but if most of what they post is bull******************** then how does post count matter?
Quote:
You talkin’ to me??
Acknowledging right off the bat that this probably-unnecessary-but-impossible-to-resist post only further detracts from onewhippedpuppy’s efforts to move his 986 (and for that, my humble apology), I am required to ask: just what is it you’re saying fella?

Much as I love top down summer driving my Box, I’ll be the first to admit that, unlike some folks around here, I don’t head to the track every other weekend. (Been a few times.) I may not have ever installed a clutch, or an IMSB, or rebuilt an engine. But if you’ve been paying attention over the course of those “thousands of posts” of your own, you’d be less than honest if you failed to admit this much: I’ve always been a straight shooter in what I’ve posted. In keeping with being that “better forum citizen” you talk of, when I’ve not known what I was talking about, I’ve admitted as much and have asked questions rather than made statements. And when, in my fumbling attempts to become a DIY’er, I have experienced that magic of figuring a few things out, I’ve posted those concepts and techniques that I’ve learned, in an attempt to assist those other individuals out there who—like me—are relatively new to this stuff.

So, if you’re saying that thousands of posts does not eliminate the possibility of the poster being a bullsh’ter, I’d be the first to agree. On the other hand, I you’re calling ME a BS’er, I’m pretty likely to take serious offense.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:03 PM   #26

'fella', feel free to take as much offence as you wish. and at anything you want. i do not care whatsoever what offends you, if what i typed offends you, or if you are offended right now. my post was not directed at you, had nothing to do with the inane back and forth about number of photos, or how people feel they can type whatever they want without offending anyone as long as they put a smiley face at the end of it. stuff like that is pretty standard on the forums these days and not a big deal.

what i do not like are people who think their post count gives them some kind of authority over newer members. post count is an indicator of absolutely nothing and that is what i typed. fella.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #27

And I gave an indication that my post count gave me some kind of authority…exactly when?
Old 01-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #28
Who's askin'?

Quote:
And I gave an indication that my post count gave me some kind of authority…exactly when?
You didn't, frodo, that's why he said the post wasn't directed at you. Someone else DID, however.

C'mon y'all..... this is one if the nicest 986 cars I've seen for sale here..... and the "devolution" of the thread detracts from it. (Yes, I think I made that word up, Haha)

Whipped puppy, seriously dood: BEAUTIFUL CAR.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #29
Who's askin'?

Quote:
I need to snap a picture of the supercharger, you can see it from below. Not willing to part it out but thanks.
You interested in trades? I know my wife would toss me on my ear if I brought home another car.... unless I got rid of one while I was at it. :-)

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
You interested in trades? I know my wife would toss me on my ear if I brought home another car.... unless I got rid of one while I was at it. :-)

Well....maybe. What I should do is focus on getting a boring commuter car, because I’m currently putting about 40 miles per day commuting in my F250. But my track record with boring cars isn’t great, so let me know what you would offer up. My email is mattjessupbba at gmail.com.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:49 AM   #31
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
'fella', feel free to take as much offence as you wish. and at anything you want. i do not care whatsoever what offends you, if what i typed offends you, or if you are offended right now. my post was not directed at you, had nothing to do with the inane back and forth about number of photos, or how people feel they can type whatever they want without offending anyone as long as they put a smiley face at the end of it. stuff like that is pretty standard on the forums these days and not a big deal.

what i do not like are people who think their post count gives them some kind of authority over newer members. post count is an indicator of absolutely nothing and that is what i typed. fella.
Uh... RK... that would be me, "Post count guy".

I'll clue you in...

You don't walk into a bar supported by regulars and start talking smack... s hit... ya know? Ya get to know the regulars... become one of the fellas/guys (insert your pronoun here)... become one of the group... then you can start jesting.

Ya feel that? And, no emoji for you.

Have a great day. I mean that.

Last edited by Starter986; 01-31-2020 at 03:55 AM.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:12 AM   #32

Guys seriously, take it somewhere else. I’d like to avoid reporting posts to the moderators but this is getting ridiculous.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:15 AM   #33

Maytag! Voice of reason! I feel further devolution is comin’ fast! (If that’s not a word, it should be.) Save us!!!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:19 AM   #34
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Guys seriously, take it somewhere else. I’d like to avoid reporting posts to the moderators but this is getting ridiculous.
While you're at it have them attend to that Daniel Andrew cat. They'll be right on it.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #35

huh....

Anyway, Matt, do you have any service records form before your ownership? Original clutch? Brakes?

Seems as though the SC was put in very early in the car's life, which I'd view as a good thing. Any problems should have appeared long ago.

Good luck. Your price seems very reasonable.
Allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
... and the "devolution" of the thread detracts from it. (Yes, I think I made that word up, Haha)...

I love it! Do I have your permission to use it? (Emoji deployed, to pacify Starter )

P.S. Beautiful car! GLWS!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
huh....

Anyway, Matt, do you have any service records form before your ownership? Original clutch? Brakes?

Seems as though the SC was put in very early in the car's life, which I'd view as a good thing. Any problems should have appeared long ago.

Good luck. Your price seems very reasonable.
I have most of the records from the second (previous) owner, and a few records from the original owner including a summary sheet for the TPC kit. I believe it to be the original clutch, because I've seen them go over 100k in the 986. No signs of wear like a super heavy pedal or high release point, and zero slipping. Brakes are great and assumed original, I didn't look at pad thickness but there is no noise, vibration, pulling, and the pedal is nice and firm. Because this car was used for nice day backroad driving it hasn't had the abuse that a daily driver would endure.

Supercharger was installed in 2001, there's a little emblem in the car noting that. I agree that if there was an issue with the kit, it would be obvious by now.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:57 PM   #38

Color

Is that an original color. And why did you remove rear badge?
Taildraggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #39

Is it still for sale?
Taildraggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:37 PM   #40

Yes Lapis Blue is the original color and the previous owner chose to debadge it for a smoother look.